Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What setup should I go with?
H&R Sports on stock shocks for a while (1-2yrs)
90.91%
Stock springs on shocks - return H&R to sender
9.09%
Roller coaster ridin on my BS Coilovers
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

H&R Sports on Stock shocks

Old 11-03-2002, 06:24 AM
Logic717

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R Sports on Stock shocks

Hey guys, I purchased a cheap set of Coilovers (too embrassed to admit how cheap they were) and I'm payin for it with my butt right now .
I aslo ordered a set of H&R Sport springs but am seriously considering just going back to stock where I won't have to worry about tire wear or camber kits or any of that. Plus hell, I actually like the stock ride, I just hated the wheel gap. And these are my only options (i'm not interested in buying any other springs its either the H&R or stock)
What I want to know is how close to stock do the H&R springs ride? And did you have to do anything with Camber? And finally, tire wear is it much more or about the same as stock springs.

Thanks for any replies
Old 11-03-2002, 07:33 AM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

Default Re: H&R Sports on Stock shocks

Originally posted by Logic717
Hey guys, I purchased a cheap set of Coilovers (too embrassed to admit how cheap they were) and I'm payin for it with my butt right now .
I aslo ordered a set of H&R Sport springs but am seriously considering just going back to stock where I won't have to worry about tire wear or camber kits or any of that. Plus hell, I actually like the stock ride, I just hated the wheel gap. And these are my only options (i'm not interested in buying any other springs its either the H&R or stock)
What I want to know is how close to stock do the H&R springs ride? And did you have to do anything with Camber? And finally, tire wear is it much more or about the same as stock springs.

Thanks for any replies
Um......i am totally confused. i think you should clarify your questions. Why would u buy H&R springs when you bought your coilovers??? since you said cheap, im assuming that you have only bought sleeves. You do not need a set of H&R springs when you have bought coilovers. Its like saying: i bought a PC and a computer. You can put one or the other, not both.
Secondly, no ride is going to be as good as stock unless you purchase come good quality shocks, such as koni yellows, or tokico illuminas, or if u purchase full coilovers such as Teins, Apex'i, where u can adjust the dampening rates, and stuff. Lastly, you do not need camber kits if your drop is not drastically low. If your drop is about 1.5" or less, your camber wont go too much into the negative and you should get full life expectancy of your tires, with proper rotation. If you want close to stock ride with less fender gap, i reccommend Eibach Pro-kit springs.
It was difficult trying to understand your coilover question but yea there you go.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:38 AM
Joeyd

the cheapest but decent ride your gonna get is if you go w/my setup .....H&R sports for like 140-150$..and KYB GR-2 shocks 150-160$ off tire rack.com..the springs you can get them off groupbuycenter.com for cheap...or i got mine from cartunerz.com....its up to you..but the ride in my car is pretty damn nice...it wass worth it for the money....hope that helps....later
Old 11-03-2002, 08:11 AM
Logic717

Default Re: Re: H&R Sports on Stock shocks

Originally posted by F23A4_AcCoRdude
Um......i am totally confused. i think you should clarify your questions. Why would u buy H&R springs when you bought your coilovers??? since you said cheap, im assuming that you have only bought sleeves. You do not need a set of H&R springs when you have bought coilovers. Its like saying: i bought a PC and a computer. You can put one or the other, not both.
Secondly, no ride is going to be as good as stock unless you purchase come good quality shocks, such as koni yellows, or tokico illuminas, or if u purchase full coilovers such as Teins, Apex'i, where u can adjust the dampening rates, and stuff. Lastly, you do not need camber kits if your drop is not drastically low. If your drop is about 1.5" or less, your camber wont go too much into the negative and you should get full life expectancy of your tires, with proper rotation. If you want close to stock ride with less fender gap, i reccommend Eibach Pro-kit springs.
It was difficult trying to understand your coilover question but yea there you go.
I'm NOT talking about mounting the Sports on the Coilovers, I'm talking about taking the cheep a$$ coilovers off the stock shocks and replacing them with the Sports, or reverting back to the Stock springs. I thought I made that clear, but if not I apologize.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:20 AM
Logic717

advise please...
Old 11-03-2002, 10:45 AM
dantastic
cx power!

just put the h&r on your stock shocks. align, then rotate your tires often. it'll be fine
Old 11-03-2002, 11:31 AM
jschmid

I've been on the H&R sports with stock shocks for about 1.5 years now, and I think they are great. Ride quality is still good, but a little more firm (which is great for handling) but not unconfortable at all. Hell, my dad is 66 and with my 18's he still was telling me how smooth my car rode.
It's not low enough to need camber adjustment, you'll just want to rotate your tires to make sure you get more even wear.

I'd recommend them for sure.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:13 PM
nizmugen

i've been on H&R sports and stocks for awhile now and the ride isn't that bad. the only problem i'm having is my camber. its off and i seriuosly need new tires now.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:11 AM
v6master
Rice Hater

I can't believe how many people ride around dropped on stock shocks.........it amazes me. Stock shocks are meant to please the little 80 year old ladies that usually drive accords. They aren't meant to be dropped two inches. I know shocks are expensive, but it really makes for a complete setup when you match your springs with a performance shock. Just my opinion
Old 11-05-2002, 02:20 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by v6master
I can't believe how many people ride around dropped on stock shocks.........it amazes me. Stock shocks are meant to please the little 80 year old ladies that usually drive accords. They aren't meant to be dropped two inches. I know shocks are expensive, but it really makes for a complete setup when you match your springs with a performance shock. Just my opinion
I'd love some koni yellows, but what can I say...I had to buy these instead:

...I guess that's what I get for getting married this summer.

Really though, the stocks aren't that bad for me, better than with the stock springs anyway.