View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 07:33 AM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H&R Sports on Stock shocks

Originally posted by Logic717
Hey guys, I purchased a cheap set of Coilovers (too embrassed to admit how cheap they were) and I'm payin for it with my butt right now .
I aslo ordered a set of H&R Sport springs but am seriously considering just going back to stock where I won't have to worry about tire wear or camber kits or any of that. Plus hell, I actually like the stock ride, I just hated the wheel gap. And these are my only options (i'm not interested in buying any other springs its either the H&R or stock)
What I want to know is how close to stock do the H&R springs ride? And did you have to do anything with Camber? And finally, tire wear is it much more or about the same as stock springs.

Thanks for any replies
Um......i am totally confused. i think you should clarify your questions. Why would u buy H&R springs when you bought your coilovers??? since you said cheap, im assuming that you have only bought sleeves. You do not need a set of H&R springs when you have bought coilovers. Its like saying: i bought a PC and a computer. You can put one or the other, not both.
Secondly, no ride is going to be as good as stock unless you purchase come good quality shocks, such as koni yellows, or tokico illuminas, or if u purchase full coilovers such as Teins, Apex'i, where u can adjust the dampening rates, and stuff. Lastly, you do not need camber kits if your drop is not drastically low. If your drop is about 1.5" or less, your camber wont go too much into the negative and you should get full life expectancy of your tires, with proper rotation. If you want close to stock ride with less fender gap, i reccommend Eibach Pro-kit springs.
It was difficult trying to understand your coilover question but yea there you go.