Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear knuckle

Old 10-31-2002, 06:37 PM
KMFDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear knuckle

hey i need to take of my knuckle in the rear so i can take it to have a bushing pressed in(the one for the bottom of the shock). anyways, the haynes manual doesn't really have anything on removing the knuckle, but i was wondering what all i need to do to take it out.. i'm especially wondering about whether you have to take apart the brake assembly to get to it(i have an ex so there's discs in rear). from what i can tell by looking at it, it is bolted to the brake dust cover from in between the rotor and the dust cover, it looks pretty tight to get a wrench in there, can it be done ( and put back together afterwards) without messing with the brakes at all?
Old 10-31-2002, 08:06 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

you dont have to take it off the car, the old bushing can be taken out and a new one banged back in there with it still on the car.

The old one usually has to be torched, chiseled and all to get it out... but it comes out eventually... then a little clean up and the new one can be popped in.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:43 AM
KMFDM

the old bushing is out, and i was going to take the knuckle to have the bushing pressed in because i heard you can't do it yourself..., and i would have to take the knuckle off to take it,because i can't drive the car, (no bushing means no shock in there)
Old 11-01-2002, 10:40 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

use a large, old socket... one that just fits around the rubber part, meeting with the metal part of the bushing... carefully bang it in with a small sledge hammer... making sure it is straight.