Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accord DC SPORTS headers

Old 10-29-2002, 11:19 PM
AccordCoup94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accord DC SPORTS headers

hi. i was just wondering about something. does the dc sports headers have the flex pipe at the end of their headers, the part that attaches to the catalytic converter. i have seen pictures of them and i only seem to see the flex pipe on the stainless steal ones, not their ceramic coated ones. whay is that? if anyone knows, please post. im sure many of you guys have one. btw.. this is for a 5th gen accord 94-97. thanks!
Old 10-29-2002, 11:21 PM
AccordCoup94

oh yea.. one more thing.. does dc sports make different headers for the ex and lx accords? again its for a 5th gen. thanks!
Old 10-30-2002, 01:50 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

uh.......DC Sport Headers are 4-2-1, so the part u talked about must be 2-1. I don't know how to put this since I don't know the exact term, but let me try my best ok?

you know the outlet of the Engine is 4 holes, so the VISIBLE part of the header you see (when u openned the hood)is

1st part - 4 airflow outlet combining into 2.

Then there're a 2nd part that connect to the end of the first part and combined 2 into 1 pipe air flow.

Then its end will connect to the front part and that FRONT part connects to the Catalytic Converter.

It's better this way because the 4-2-1 setup allows more air flow into you exhaust system, yet give your car a lil more power. Unlike other cheapo headers, it's only 1 piece and converted from 4 outlet into 1, less airflow, HOT engine, not that good.

Hope this help.

and I think that it does not matter whether it's stainless or ceramic, DC sport made 4-2-1 headers for 5th Gen HA.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:15 AM
decibel_dj

having owned the DC 4-2-1 header in my 5th gen mine didnt have a flex part. its a 2peice design though (making install easy). the EX and LX versions are the same however the gains are a little different. u'll gain more (meaning total power gain) with having the headers on a LX than a EX cuz of the way the factory headers were already built
Old 10-30-2002, 06:20 AM
decibel_dj

4-2-1 design gives more low end power gains at the expense of higher RPM gains. 4-1 design does the opposite giving higher RPM gains at the expense of lower RPM gains. Its the same way with exhaust systems Axle back are good for torque and low mid power. Cat backs are good for higher Revs and mid/high power
SS headers are better than CC headers cuz of construction mostly. the SS ones will take more abuse (especially if u have a lowered car) and they dont crack in the colder months
Old 10-30-2002, 02:19 PM
vtec94

Originally posted by decibel_dj
SS headers are better than CC headers cuz of construction mostly. the SS ones will take more abuse (especially if u have a lowered car) and they dont crack in the colder months

dang they actually crack? i've heard that CC headers will crack but wasn't sure if it was a rumor or the truth...

dayum, why can't they make some quality sh!t? marketing strategy???? since if their product last forever they won't be selling the product twice? man... peeps are being tricky as heck!
Old 10-31-2002, 06:40 AM
AccordCoup94

i know that they are two pieces.. i just wanted to know if the stainless steal ones and ceramic coated ones are different because i remember seeing the flex pipe on a SS one.. and i didnt see it one the ceramic one. im talking about the bottom piece of the header.. the part that attaches to the cat.. not the head. and i thought the caramic ones were made of stainless steal inside, and are just ceramic coated to prevent disipation of heat in the engine bay.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:40 AM
v4lu3s

i have never seen a 5th gen with teh flex pipe, they all seem to have the flex joint, while the 4th gen accords and prelude have the flex pipe.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:52 AM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

i have the GReddy SS header and there is no flex pip on there. there also wasn't a flex pipe on the factory header. the spring-loaded bolts are supposed to allow for any movement in the piping.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:39 AM
AccordCoup94

what type of mounting hardware do the dc sports headers come with, i am buying used ones off of this guy, but he only has the headers themselves, i dont think it has any bolts or gaskets. should this be a problem? i just need to know what dc sports includes with the headers, and if anyone has any install tips.. that would be of great help. i am also planning to install my RS*R exhaust along with the headers. thanks!