Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing Front Door Window Regulator

Old 03-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Avant1189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Front Door Window Regulator

I have to replace my passenger side front door window reegulator. What I need to know is how to get inside the door. I can get the door panel off, but the metal part of the door inside that is what gets me. Is here any easy way to get inside of the door to replace this regulator? The guy at autozone told me it would be really difficult. Can someone help me please? Thanks.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Line7
Platinum Member

The panel is held on by clips. First remove any screws in the door, dont have an accord, dont know where or how many. Then, carefully pull the door panel off. There are holes cut out in the metal part, they're there so you could access the screws holding the regulator on. First, remove regulator motor from the door, this will allow you to move it up and down to access the bolts which connect it to the glass. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, because you cant see the screws that you're removing and the space is a bit tight. You should have a rachett set handy. Also, dont forget to lube all joints on the regulator. It took me about 20 minutes to get mine out the first time.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Avant1189

Thanks, I knew how to get the panel off and I asked the guy at Autozone and he said I would have to get further inside the door to get the regulator out. I didnt think it wouuld take that but I figured I'd check it out. Either way, I did it and it works now so I'm happy. Thanks again.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:25 PM
dieselgg

I am planning to replace the regulator for a 97 prelude, which should be no different than an accord. The repair manual suggests scribing a line around the rear roller guide bolt to show the original adjustment on the roller guide and also to scribe a line across the sector gear and regulator.

Did you guys have to do this when replacing the regulator? I just want to be sure. Perhap