Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting through 1999 accord firewall?

Old 03-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Type_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting through 1999 accord firewall?

i didn't do the first install on my accord. the power wire was snaked under the fusebox holder...

it is really tight back there and i'm not sure what i need to take apart to get back there.

anyone do this yet?

did you have to take the fuse box holder out?

-scott
Old 03-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Tedmond

well the last installer did a half ass job, that car, the grommet is way to small to fit any wires and its hard to find. Whats best is drill - passenger side, towards middle consol.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Type_X

Originally Posted by Tedmond
well the last installer did a half ass job, that car, the grommet is way to small to fit any wires and its hard to find. Whats best is drill - passenger side, towards middle consol.
i figured mine out.

i guess my installer did a better job. i had 2 runs of 4 gauge going through it. taped to one of them a new run of 1/0 (yeah it's beast). then just pulled hard. needed to have someone else push as i pulled at the engine bay.

i guess i got lucky
Old 03-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Type_X

ted i see in your signature that you're an alarm wiz? j/w what alarm do you have/did?
Old 03-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Tedmond

installed many on most cars. heres the one i often wire up.

Compustar
DEI (viper, clifford, avital, etc)
Autostart
Prostart
Autopage
China Brands (TLD, magicar, Gihon, etc)
Bulldog/JSB technologies
Scytek
Arctic start

I have installed on my own cars a scytek 5100RS, Compustar P2W900FM-AS, Prostart 3400TM and a Artic Start sumthing. They are all 2 way units and i say my compustar is the best of them all. Hey type x, if you ran a 4 gauge and tapped to run a 0/1 gauge, that isnt a good idea from small to big. If you ran 0/1 gauge to 4 gauge, that is no problem. I might be taking it wrong or did u replace the 4 gauge completely and run a single 0/1 gauge.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Type_X

installed many on most cars. heres the one i often wire up.

Compustar
DEI (viper, clifford, avital, etc)
Autostart
Prostart
Autopage
China Brands (TLD, magicar, Gihon, etc)
Bulldog/JSB technologies
Scytek
Arctic start

I have installed on my own cars a scytek 5100RS, Compustar P2W900FM-AS, Prostart 3400TM and a Artic Start sumthing. They are all 2 way units and i say my compustar is the best of them all. Hey type x, if you ran a 4 gauge and tapped to run a 0/1 gauge, that isnt a good idea from small to big. If you ran 0/1 gauge to 4 gauge, that is no problem. I might be taking it wrong or did u replace the 4 gauge completely and run a single 0/1 gauge.
nope i had 2 runs of 4/0.

i taped a run of 1/0 to one of the 4/0 runs and pulled it completely through, leaving me with the new 1/0 run and the existing 4/0 run.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Tedmond

alright, understood. Thats a good way to get the wire through, but if it was to get caught on small wires, that would have been a disaster.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Type_X

alright, understood. Thats a good way to get the wire through, but if it was to get caught on small wires, that would have been a disaster.
could have been, i could see most of it and if i noticed myself not getting through and tugging hard then i would have been in trouble. but with someone pushing on one side you could guide it a little better.

i'm happy it worked out, i still have no idea how you would run those wires without doing what i did. you can't really see the hole and you would have to take the dash/glove apart to see the hole.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:12 AM
Tedmond

yea that is true. that is why i trust my drill ahah.