Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp Installation 07 Accord

Old 02-11-2008, 07:55 AM
tmaung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp Installation 07 Accord

I am trying to install a new amp for the subwoofer in an Accord Ex w/o Navi. My only question before I start the actual installation is the audio source for the pre-amp inputs. I have read threads that says 'tap the rear speaker wires' but what does that mean? Does that mean that I 'T' tap the wire so that it goes to the rear speakers AND go to the LOC? Or does that mean just go to the LOC -> AMP -> SUB and nothing connected to the rear speakers? I need a sure and safe way to use both the rear speakers and the subwoofer.

I have a mono amp and a four channel amp (really crappy because only 3 channels actually works). I am planning on hooking up only the mono amp to the sub but I will use the 'four' channel amp if needed to in order for the rear speakers to work.

Any help is appreciated and thank you very much in advance.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:11 AM
forzabianconeri

There are a few options, using an LOC or an oem integration device such as the JL Audio cleansweep or RF 3sixty.1 (or .2). Say you are amping all your speakers (front and rear), each line that is to be amped you would splice into the wires with the LOC, run rca's to your amp, then from the amp, run wires to the speakers. For the sub, you would do the same thing. The easiest way is behind your run your loc's because all of your wires are right there. Then run your speaker wires. The best way is to tap into the wires and run new wires from the amp to your speakers. Hope that helps.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:53 AM
tmaung

I would like to know what people mean by when they say "tap into the rear speakers". In the picture attached, the left diagram is hooking up sub(amp) and the rear speakers from the same wire. The right diagram is taking the wires going to the rear speakers and routing it instead to the amp. Which diagram is right? Or are they both wrong? I just want to add a subwoofer to the stock headunit while making sure the all the stock speakers still work. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sample.JPG (6.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
forzabianconeri

If you are only adding a subwoofer amp, then the correct choice would be the 1st diagram. The 2nd one would work, however you would only have output from your front speakers. T-Taps would work for this application. I personally don't like using them though, the best way woud be to cut the wire, strip each end, and the solder them together w/ the lead from your LOC. Either method works though.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:40 PM
tmaung

okay thanks. I think I confused people with too much information in the first post. I meant that I can use a second amp if needed to get the rear speakers working as well. Will there be long term problems to the HU or the rear speakers if I "tap" into them like diagram one?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can use an amp for the rear ones...

disconnect the rear speakers,

wires --> LOC --> AMP --> Sub
................... --> AMP2 -> Rear Speakers
Old 02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
forzabianconeri

Originally Posted by tmaung
okay thanks. I think I confused people with too much information in the first post. I meant that I can use a second amp if needed to get the rear speakers working as well. Will there be long term problems to the HU or the rear speakers if I "tap" into them like diagram one?

Not that I'm aware of. I've done this several times and haven't had a problem yet.