Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why my car won't start

Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
ggurl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why my car won't start

I have a problem with my car it won't start because I didn't get gas when i needed it really badly and now it won't start. please tell me what's going on
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
buddhabus
Honda Lover

Originally Posted by ggurl
I have a problem with my car it won't start because I didn't get gas when i needed it really badly and now it won't start. please tell me what's going on
ahmm, let me see, no gas no start. So buy some gas and it will start.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Tedmond

i would assume hes smart enough to top up. at the time he might have been busy and couldnt get access to a pump. well if you topped that up and it still wont start, maybe telling us what year would help.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what I read of the post..... he/she let the tank run empty... and now it doesnt start.

i guess the injectors are heavily clogged from the sediment that accumulated over the years at the bottom of the gas tank.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:17 PM
losiglow

By emptying your gas tank you emptied the fuel line from the tank to the engine as well. Try cranking it for about 10 seconds. The pump should easily suck the fuel from the line to the engine in that amount of time or less. If it still doesn't start then I'd get the fuel pump checked as well as the fuel line for any derbris or junk that got caught in it. It could also be the fuel filter depending on the year of the car. Running a car out of gas isn't good for the fuel pump, lines or filter because the pump is not designed to pump if there's no gas in it and all the garbage that accumulates in the tank in time siphons through the line all at once when the gas runs out. This jams up your fuel filter and thus your car doesn't start or runs crappy. Good luck and don't run out of gas in the future.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:18 PM
flyromeo3

ahhh,.....no wonder why i never let me tank run low.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
nspec_Cd5

u dont have to crank it for that long.

unplug the fuel line right before the fuel injectors, and turn the key to ON position, but dont start the motor. this will make teh fuel pump run and see if the fuel starts coming out of the line. if it does, then plug it back in and hopefully it should start.

if it still doesnt, run, then ur injectors could be clogged up.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:23 PM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When the pump is full of liquid, it's capable of sucking gas from the bottom of the tank. If you let the PUMP run dry, you may have to put more than a couple gallons in. Like you may need to put in enough gas to actually submerge the pump (mayby 6 or 8 gallons??).