Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Accord Temp. Gauge Problems

Old 12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Desine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Accord Temp. Gauge Problems

I own a 1991 honda accord, 2.2l, 5 speed, and am having alot of trouble with the temp gauge. It all started when i took out my instrument cluster to replace a bulb for the "brake lamp" warning which had stopped working. After i put everything back together the gas and temperature gauge stopped working. I replaced the twin guage gas/temp with another unit from the junkyard from an automatic accord. Now the gas gauge works but the temp doesnt. It simply rises all the way to red hot by itself when i turn the key, even with the engine cold and off. I since tried one more used guague from the junk and had the same problem. Any suggestions? Perhaps the guages have to be from another 5 speed? Im puzzled and it worries me to drive with no temp gauge.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Randy Barreto
Old 12-07-2007, 11:39 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

You will have to diagnose the problem with a Hayne's/Chilton Manual, or take it in to get fixed.....or you can buy an aftermarket gauge for cheap cheap, and worry about the aesthetics later, even though it is a 91
Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 AM
fstop128

the temp needle has a sending unit under the distributor. i think it has a black pigtail? its between the condensor fan switch (green clip) and the temp sensor.