Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no warning lights when turn to the "on" position

Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 PM
dabaddon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no warning lights when turn to the "on" position

ive been at this for at least 2+ months already, and im not gonna give up just yet, i need this car to go to start my job and take some classes to be a certified mechanic.

so the problem is, when i turn the key to the on position, no engine or any other warning lights pop up other than the brake light, pls help me out.

88 accord lxi mtx
Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 AM
DOZ5

give us more info >>> Does the car starts at all?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:30 PM
nspec_Cd5

like i said before, more than likely u left something unplugged or misplugged something some where whenever u changed out that clutch
Old 12-07-2007, 05:20 AM
m735is

I would say your battery cables are internally corroded, except the brake light being on kinda throws that off. Put the key in run position and wiggle the battery cables anyway, see if they come on.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Tedmond

check if ur ignition harness is plugged in properly. you may also want to check the fuses under the hood and kick panel.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:45 AM
dabaddon

well the car doesnt even crank or sound like, it wants to start, all i hear is a click which comes from the radio, when i try to start it.

The trouble codes read 6 quick flashes which means coolant temperature sensor

I also discovered a pcv T-connector that had broke apart
this is also weird cuz everytime i went to the junkyard i couldnt find this connector on any accords even lxi

ignition harness should b connected properly since i didnt mess with it during the replacement
all fuses have been checked under the hood/dash

ok i remembering reading something about u have to remove the radio fuse when replacing the clutch. can someone confirm this, idk if this made a difference or not

Last edited by dabaddon; 12-09-2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: picture post
Old 12-09-2007, 10:58 AM
dabaddon

i replaced the battery from another running car, another thing is when i turn on my headlights, the clock goes dim
Old 12-10-2007, 06:52 AM
fstop128

u might want to look at all of your ground wires. see if they r there and if so that they r connected. there is a ground wire near the temp sensor on my 92 that went bad looked connected and wasnt. it had to be replaced. caused a mess of issues. clock dim could be the alternator. try www.3geez.com
Old 12-19-2007, 06:22 PM
dabaddon

whr is the temp sensor located?
Old 12-23-2007, 08:45 PM
nspec_Cd5

the temp sensor is on the thermostat housing, but its got nothing to do w/ ur problem.

the clock going dim w/ the headlight is because normally people dont turn on the headlight until its dark outside. so when you turn the headlight on, the system will know that its dark outside. This is the old technology, dont konw if they have this system in new cars.

The reason for that is because, the clock has to light up brighter to make itself clearly visible in the day time, and that same brightness is too bright for the dark. thats why when your turn on your headlight on, it dims the brightness of the clock to adjust to dark condition. same deal w/ the radios.

try looking at the clock and the radio at night time w/o turning on your parking/headlights. they'll very bright

also for your starting problem. have you checked all your main relays and all the "big" fuses in the fuse boxes?

Last edited by nspec_Cd5; 12-23-2007 at 08:49 PM.