Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 getting no power

Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 AM
JLGotrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 getting no power

I just got into my car this morning and when I tried to start it,it wouldn't turn over.so obviously I thought that the battery was dead since I've had the car for over a year and bought it used and never checked the battery.The car was perfectly fine yesterday but this morning,a whole different story.

So I got to Autozone and pick up a new battery and put it in and find that the negative
clip thingy is broken and will not tighten onto the battery terminal.I go and buy a small c-clamp to get the cable tight onto the terminal,and it seemed to be tight,I couldn't wiggle it back and forth.So this time when I turn the key,I get absolutely nothing .Before,I would turn the key and I would at least get the dinging sound and the lights and windows would work but now nothing.The battery is brand spanking new so I don't think it's that.

Is the problem the fact that I can't get the wire tight enough onto the terminal or could something else be the problem?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:51 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Sounds like it.....Always start with the most obvious then work your way up
Old 11-15-2007, 09:45 AM
JLGotrocks

Would you happen to know if all of the 5th gen Accords use the same cables or do I have to get them specifically for my year?I'm gonna try to snatch some off of a car at the junk yard and I want to make sure I don't get the wrong ones.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:58 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Preludes and Accords are very similar...if you can't find one for an Accord snatch one off the BB4's (92-95 Prelude)
Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 AM
JLGotrocks

Thanks for the help, I'm heading to the yard right now/
Old 11-15-2007, 02:22 PM
JLGotrocks

So I just got and put on the new cable and realized that the wrong cables were on the wrong terminals,and they were there for a couple of hours!I'm so screwed because now,after switching back the cables to the correct terminals,there's still no signs of life,not even a click.So I went back to Autozone and they checked the battery and said that it's ok.I guess the only thing to assume now is that the computer is fried.So if that's the case,how much is it to get a new cpu for a f22b2 and is it something that I can replace myself without any special tools?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 PM
buddhabus
Honda Lover

Originally Posted by JLGotrocks
So I just got and put on the new cable and realized that the wrong cables were on the wrong terminals,and they were there for a couple of hours!I'm so screwed because now,after switching back the cables to the correct terminals,there's still no signs of life,not even a click.So I went back to Autozone and they checked the battery and said that it's ok.I guess the only thing to assume now is that the computer is fried.So if that's the case,how much is it to get a new cpu for a f22b2 and is it something that I can replace myself without any special tools?

When my 96 accord would not start, I replaced the starter and it started.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:43 AM
JLGotrocks

I don't think you understand.I'm not getting ANY power.no lights,no stereo,no ding,it won't crank.Before I changed the battery the lights and door locks would work until I tried to start the car,then it would drain whatever juice from the battery.After waiting about 10 to 15 minutes the same thing would happen,and that's with the old battery mind you.

Now when I put the new battery in,the polarity of the terminals was opposite from the old battery,so when I put it in,I put it in the wrong way and connected the positive cable to the negative terminal and the same for the other side.After switching the battery back the right way and connecting the terminals correctly,I can't get any power whatsoever,hence something must be fried.Either a fuse or the ecu,I don't know.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:35 AM
nspec_Cd5

did u check ur fuses?
and about the terminals (clips that hold the wires to the battery), get some new ones from autozone and replace them, they're are not so hard to change.

the negative cable is the one thats bolted on to the car's body and motor, and the positive cable is the one that goes straight to the fuse box from the battery.

get that done right and check ur fuses. i dont think anything else is damaged other than the fuses.

Last edited by nspec_Cd5; 11-16-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:17 PM
JLGotrocks

So I also realized that it was the positive cable that was broken and not the negative.I went to the junk yard yesterday and snagged one off of another Accord although it was a VTEC model and mine isn't.I'm pretty sure that won't make a difference except there's another wire that goes to the ABS or something,anyway I'll just cut it off since I don't need it.

I haven't had a chance to check the fuses yet because it's too dark since I've come home but I'll check the fuses in the morning.I was told to check the fuses on the inside of the car,do you guys know which one in particular I should look for?