Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Accord EX - still have P0135 AFTER installing new O2 sensor...

Old 06-15-2007, 10:08 AM
98savage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Accord EX - still have P0135 AFTER installing new O2 sensor...

OK, so here is my problem. I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

My car was throwing error code P0135 - "O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (Bank 1 sensor 1)". I replaced the O2 sensor with a Bosch sensor I picked up at Auto Zone. It came with the pigtail harness and everything on it. Disconnected the battery, the O2, etc. etc. Replaced it with the new one. Reconnected everything....and the CEL STILL comes on with the SAME code - P0135.

I have header, test pipe, exhaust...I was thinking MAYBE it could be caused by the test pipe but there is no code for cat inefficiency or anything. The ONLY code I get is P0135.

I tried using a multimeter to check if there was any resistance between terminals 3 and 4, and to check the voltage of 1 and 2. Had the O2 unplugged and check the harness that comes from the vehicle, and there was no voltage reading.

I'm not sure what the problem is...and I have no idea where the wires lead to....I was trying to figure it out using the wiring diagram but the wires lead to the PCM / ECU, so I don't know which pins they are at.

I don't know if it could be a blown fuse or what....and I'm not sure where the fuse would even be at.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:41 AM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the wireing on the O2 make sure they match your old one. the heater is easy check with a multimeter set on the lowest ohm setting put your test leads on two wires with the matching colors usally it's 2 blacks or 2 whites it should read about 10-60 ohms if not the heater is bad if not it's a problem with no power getting to the O2 or PCM. or even a bad PCM.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:18 AM
losiglow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe its God punishing you for polluting the air from using a test pipe instead of a cat. :hsdunno:
Old 06-20-2007, 05:43 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did u reset the code? disconnecting the batt is not enough. you have to erase it with the computer. Also, make sure you replaced the correct one.