Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with dash panel "D4" light

Old 06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
humblehyper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with dash panel "D4" light

My "D4" light doesnt come on, all the other lights are OK (P, R, N, D3, 2, 1) if the light is broken, is it replaceable? Honda dealer replaced my transmission and dont know if the D4 broke when they replaced my transmission or it just broke after awhile.

Ill definitely bring this to Honda, but I just want some heads up just to make sure they dont screw me up with unnecessary charges, you know what I mean Thanks guys!

Last edited by humblehyper; 06-03-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:40 PM
nspec_Cd5

this one just burns out.

cause ur shifter stays in the D4 position like 98% of the time when the car is running.

what i did w/ mine was that i opened my cluster and switched it out w/ "P" light

you can switch it out w/ "1" or "2", but i'm always using those gears and i need their light.

the cluster in ur comes off real easy,

just pull out the switches around the cluster (like cruise control and sunroof) and there should be screws behind them that will help you take off the panel. then you should be albe to take off the cluster.

after that its super easy, you will find your way around

the little bulbs come off really easy too.

hope that helps. let me know how it goes
Old 06-03-2007, 09:49 PM
humblehyper

I've successfully removed the whole cluster but dont know how to open it up Im afraid I might break it LOL, do you have pictures that shows how to open it up? Thanks much!!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:08 AM
nspec_Cd5

na, ur not gonna break it. i dont know exactly about ur cluster, but there might be a white cover in the back.
u'll have to take that off.
i dont know if your car has a whole chip board in the back or if all the guages have a different chip board.
just go ahead and unscrew it, u'r not gonna messup and thing unless you take off the needles, just be very careful w/ them.

u'll see about 6 or more tall lights. well the little bulbs are just at teh top, but they have a long rubbery bottom. just swap ur D4 light w/ D1.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:00 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my d4 went out... i just switched it with the 1 light.

you dont need to physically disassemble the cluster.

the bulb holders just unscrew.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:55 AM
humblehyper

OK Ill try it this weekend. Thanks so much all.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 PM
stereo

good luck thats a 6th gen gauge you have to pull the circut board off...but all the gauges have to come off first but it's just 2 retaining tabs on each gauge and pull the board off, the part #78181-SS0-003
Old 06-05-2007, 02:33 PM
humblehyper

Originally Posted by stereo
good luck thats a 6th gen gauge you have to pull the circut board off...but all the gauges have to come off first but it's just 2 retaining tabs on each gauge and pull the board off, the part #78181-SS0-003
Is it hard to do? all the gauges have to come off first, does that mean, taking off the orange needles? Do you know a site that has detailed step by step instructions? Thanks so much!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

:doh:

i have a 98 accord and i ONLY had to remove the entire cluster from the dash..... i did not have to disassemble it. If you know how to remove the whole cluster (which i think you do) then you can change the bulb.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:49 PM
humblehyper

Originally Posted by Jani 5
:doh:

i have a 98 accord and i ONLY had to remove the entire cluster from the dash..... i did not have to disassemble it. If you know how to remove the whole cluster (which i think you do) then you can change the bulb.
Cool! Let me try it one more time, actually my brother-in-law was the one who took off the cluster, but we'll try again. Thanks!