Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Bumper Question

Old 05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
ChiYunShun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Bumper Question

I recently did a DIY dent repair on my rear bumper and noticed that parts of the foam reinforcer and metal reinforcer were missing. It's probably from the impact that caused the dent, but I was wondering if any of you guys had any idea about possibly replacing the part? And if so does anyone know what that specific part is called?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I just recently got the car and the dent was there beforehand so I have no real details on what the cause of it was.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:53 AM
m735is

Look on hondaautomotiveparts.com and see what they are called and the price, then either buy them there or from a junk yard.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:30 PM
#2 STUNNA
Swollen Mimber

i beleive it's called an impact bar. and the foam is just an impact absorber. what year is your's? I seem to have a collection of dead hondas laying around. i might have one for you.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
ChiYunShun

It's a 96 LX Sedan, and from looking at a few of the honda parts sites everyone seems to just label it as a rear beam so hmm o_O Maybe you could post a pic and I'll confirm if it it's what I'm talking about.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:59 PM
#2 STUNNA
Swollen Mimber

If it's the beam that bolts directly to the body and the plastic bumper bolts over it, then it's what i call the impact bar. I guess it dont matter what we call it, as long as we are talking about the same thing. All my donor cars are 4th generation though.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:04 PM
#2 STUNNA
Swollen Mimber

I was outside looking at the 95 im doing for a customer, and it looks kinda the same as a 4th gen, but i'm not positive. i'm gonna go ahead and take it off and see it it fits. i know a ton of the chassie and suspenssion parts are innerchangeable, maybe these are too. i'll get a pic posted tomorrow so we can see if we have the same peice in mind.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:59 PM
ChiYunShun

Thanks a lot, and sorry for all the trouble man!