Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90 Accord power window sticking

Old 03-17-2007, 07:02 AM
jaimetab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 Accord power window sticking

I have a 90 accord lx 4door. when i power up and down the front passenger window, it rattles and sticks sometimes. can i lubricate the channel so I don't have to take apart the door? (If not, how would I fix this?)
Thanks for helping,
Jaime
Old 03-17-2007, 01:22 PM
fstop128

yes spray on silicon spray lubricant. i use prestone i get it from walmart. wd40 will dry out the rubber. silicon spray will not. i roll the window down and i start at the corner by the mirror then i go up the rubber weather strip and then down the back and spray down inside the door at both ends. then i roll the window up and down to move it around. u will have some at the top of the window that is no big deal until summer then wipe it off it will make the window stick to the rubber. i do all 4 windows. u can use this spray in the door locks and door jams trunk lock. honda windows love to rattle. dont roll the windows up or down when the car is moving that will help prevent them from becoming loose and rattle. avoid rolling them up and down esp on the expressways. adjust them at complete stops.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:25 PM
k.heiner

Rolling up your windows while rolling will not affect the grease used for moving parts in the window regulators...
:-/ Hopefully it gets fixed, but there shouldn't be much, if any, wear difference for a moving adjustment as opposed to an adjustment at a complete stop.