Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Transmission Oil

Old 01-12-2007, 03:10 PM
tpowers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Transmission Fluid

Hey, I drove the car up and down the street (4-5 times)to see if it would shift gears, it ran fine,This is the first time I attempted to run the car since it wouldn't shift well when I went under 65 miles per hour to get off of the freeway.Cruise control worked because it was a steady speed, when I got off the freeway it felt like it was slipping and jumped. Today I looked at the sylinoid screens again and they were Filthy no fluid could get through. I do admit I don't know much about Honda's,but could this be the cause of the tranny problem. Im still looking for another tranny. Any comments except rude ones are welcomed.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:07 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has it improved after you cleaned the screens? Seems like that could definitely cause problems.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Rebelwork
senile

You didnt do the wrong thing, you just did what you thought was right. Question is will it start working correctly after a few changes?...http://autotechrepair.suite101.com/article.cfm/040206 ... hope everything turns out ok.

Personally I dont think it matters whether its Honda brand or other as long as you use the correct one/grade...Jack
Old 01-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rebelwork
Personally I dont think it matters whether its Honda brand or other as long as you use the correct one/grade...Jack
oh yes it does

there is a noticable difference between honda atf, and generic atf fluid.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:49 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by Rebelwork
You didnt do the wrong thing, you just did what you thought was right. Question is will it start working correctly after a few changes?...http://autotechrepair.suite101.com/article.cfm/040206 ... hope everything turns out ok.

Fail.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:14 PM
OptimusPrimeSr

Originally Posted by Jani
oh yes it does

there is a noticable difference between honda atf, and generic atf fluid.

agreed. I just did a drain/fill/drain/fill/drain/fill w/ honda atf after I PAID the jerks at Express Oil to change it.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Rebelwork
senile

All I need is proof to agree . But over the years I havent used any dealer products and I drove a 72 Pinto wagon in the day. havent seen any difference and never any transmission problems...Jack
Old 01-13-2007, 04:23 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Yea, because a Pinto has everything to do with a Honda All you have to do is search to find out what non-Honda ATF does to Honda autos. You're fucking posting in such a thread right now!

Just stop posting, I've yet to see you post anything useful in your 127 posts.

Last edited by totalimmortal; 05-10-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Rebelwork
senile

Don't concern yourself with my replies if they bother you. I Havent heard of any problems using different brands of fluids. Nor are there any problems with the automatic transmission in the current Honda I have with over 200k with other than "Honda" specified fluids.

Like I said... Share those links. Never promissed you a rose garden and never said I was a Certified Honda mechanic. Everything on the net should be taken like a grain of salt....Cheers Jack
Old 01-13-2007, 07:26 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by tpowers
My Wife has a 1998 Honda Accord Automatic.
It has over 150,000 miles, ran great. That was until we had the transmission oil flushed at a jiffy lube (Dumb thing to do) h: I did ask if they could do a Honda since I heard Honda's require Honda Products ONLY, the said Sure!. Well the car ran rough for a day,than ok for a few weeks. I took and cleaned the Shift cylinoids and it ran really good, they were clogged bad. It was cool again. Then it Jump when my wife stopped the car at lights and hesitant to shift, I checked the fluid it was one quart low so I went to a local Honda dealer and brought 1 quart of tranny oil. The car ran good for two days, now it is when jumping again. I checked the fluid and it is Brown. I was told I should take out three quarts of the tranny fluid and replace three new quarts of H0nda Fluid. Ok What do I do??? Wife is worried her car is toast and don't want to worry about the car's tanny having to be replaced.
What if any advice does anyone have. Any with same experiance?? Please Help.
Here's the subject of the thread you're in, I'd bet it would have died quicker if Honda fluid wasn't used in the flush