Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 accord LX-v6 engine Drop!

Old 10-01-2002, 07:37 AM
kleankord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 accord LX-v6 engine Drop!

so i just get out of my i4 manual accord and step into school. my friend had called me and told me that he had gotten into an accident in his v6 over the weekend but that he was ok. Long story short, he said there's a pretty good chance that he's just gonna buy a new car and asked me if I wanted anything from his stock-fully-loaded-6-banger.

i said "HELL YES! gimme the engine seats and rear disc brakes"...
So here's my predicament, what will be involved in dropping this much bigger and more powerful engine in... since it's an auto tranny and i want to keep my manual tranny, what will have to be done? Is this gonna cost me an inexorbant amount of money? I have all materials and pieces i need including cherry picker (pick that hoe up), jacks, and all the pieces from the wrecked car at my disposal, BUT i have no knowledge of what needs to be done... anyone wana estimate what i will need, prices, etc.?
Old 10-01-2002, 08:00 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THe only way you can keep a manual would be to use an Acura 6 speed tranny.

If you have all the stuff from your friends car you will still need alot of work. You may need to even switch out axles and such. In this particlar situation. Unless you are very mechanically knowledgable about the Accords mechanical, which this quesiton would lead me to doubt, this would be a pointless swap. You would also need the v6 HVAC controls. In 'this case' just get a V6 and move on. These parts are more useful to someone with a v6 car then a 4cyl.

Besides a Manual 4-cylinder is not that much slower then an auto V6 in the gen 6 cars. As a corner carver would go the 4cyl may even be better because you aren't pulling all that bulky V6 weight. I'd stick with your 4-cylinder setup and help your bud part out his car.