Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any GOOD 194 LED "bulbs"??

Old 07-27-2006, 06:58 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any GOOD 194 LED "bulbs"??

Anyone experiement with different types/brands of the LED replacement 194 style bulbs? (amber) Im looking for something that is at least as bright as incandecent 194s, if not brighter. The only ones I can find locally are APC and I refuse to buy anything that bares that name. So if you bought some on ebay or another site and are happy with them, post up some links!

Thanks
Old 07-27-2006, 08:55 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

funny you say that cuz im currently on here:

www.superbrightleds.com

looking to buy 194/168 blue led's and dome light...im in the process of doing a blue led interior conversion still waiting on parts i ordered for the gauges/climate/clock/odometer and some other stuff
Old 07-28-2006, 05:30 AM
pnthr30

Originally Posted by v6_accord_jerz

www.superbrightleds.com

looking to buy 194/168 blue led's and dome light...im in the process of doing a blue led interior conversion still waiting on parts i ordered for the gauges/climate/clock/odometer and some other stuff
I've purchased bulbs from them before - for the cluster of a Teg, and I am very happy with them. The ones I got are blue, and they produce a very nice blue that is very bright.

I think the ones that I got are:
WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb
12 VDC 5-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
Super Wide Viewing Angle bulb uses 4 radially mounted LEDs aiming out the sides and one High Flux LED on top
Non Polarized
$ 2.99

If you want, I can try to get a night picture to give you an idea of what the cluster can/will look like. Just let me know.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:33 AM
steadypimpin
steadypimpin

Yeah do that cuz I was thinkin of doing that to mine and wanna see how it really looks.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by v6_accord_jerz

www.superbrightleds.com

I've replaced every single possible light bulb on my car with LED's from superbrightleds.com as well. I'm very happy with them. I even bought the electronic flasher as well. They work great. They're not quite as bright as incadescent but they are still highly visible. I recommend the wide angle ones with LED's mounted all around the outside of the bulb.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:53 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Thats cool to see everybody having + feedback from the website, pretty soon my whole interior is gonna be blue just waiting for the parts to come in so i can start soldering .....

I just got one question, i want to get 4 blue (9 inch LED tubes), now i found this website with a great price but on the same site, for like $4 more i get the 7 multi-colored kit which has the blue i want plus 6 other colors (thinking of switching to white sometime since my car is white or if i ever take it out i can match the color i want in the future).......but would the solid blue led tube have the same brightness as the multi-color tube, for example if i were to set the multi-color tube to blue?

Solid blue LED tube > blue LED (multi-color) tube???

Solid blue LED tube link: http://www.ledunderbody.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=18
Mulit-color LED tube link: http://www.ledunderbody.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=36

Last edited by v6_accord_jerz; 07-28-2006 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:46 PM
pnthr30

Here you go...........pictures don't really do them justice - IMO they look much better in person.

Day

Night

Old 07-28-2006, 08:32 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

^^^ yup mine looks just like that too except i shaved the orange off the needles so they they light up blue too ....i did the clock and climate too, soldering was pretty easy, find which way to polarize the bulb to work was a biotch lol had to take it off 3 times cuz some bulbs had to be switched or weren't making contact from the soldering job.........hey do you know if the map lights and door accent light (the lil one's on the bottom that light up when you open it) are on the same circuit as all the guage/climate lights? cause after doing the led conversion my map lights and door accent lights are VERY dim and if i have the map lights on the accent lights even shut off.....they're not gettin enough voltage anyone know why????
Old 07-29-2006, 10:04 PM
steadypimpin
steadypimpin

isnt there a site that sells the ones that you replace w/o soldering?
Old 07-29-2006, 10:12 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

not that i know of.....i mean no matter how you look at it the climate/clock bulbs that you replace gotta be soldered.....you take the bulb out, put the anode and cathode through the bulb holder then you gotta solder a resistor to it or else you'll fry the LED, most LED's operate between 3-4 V....they can't take the full 12V