Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mod questions about a 92 wagon

Old 09-25-2002, 08:43 AM
92 wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mod questions about a 92 wagon

hey, everyone, i jsut picked up a 92 white accord wagon ex the other day and was fixing to start moddin it, but had a few questions.

for the headlights and fogs, i was thinking about getting some sylvania silverstars, but was not sure of what size to get. is it true that the 9006 are for the low beam and the 9005 are for the highs? also, i had read in one of the posts that the factory fogs use 50 watt H3's. does sylvania make a bulb for these also?

i would also like to get some new tailights, not necessarily the altezza's, but i do like the red white combo. does any know if they make these for the 92 wagon ex? the only ones that i have found so far have been for the 92-93 sedan. someone told me the ones for the 90-91 sedan woudl fit, but was wonderin if anyone knew for sure before i bought them.

i have also been looking at getting a new set of wheels and tires. it currently has the stock 15 inch ex wheels with 195/60/15's on it. i really like the arospeed rs-gt's at wheelmax.com, in either silver or hypersilver, but can not decide if i should go with 17's or 18's or if i should go with silver or hypersilver. the choices of tires for these are either 215/45/17 or 205/40/17 or 215/35/18 or 225/40/18. would all these fit on my car without rubbing, i am planning on eventually putting a small drop on it like the drop an eibach prokit does. also, what type of offset would you suggest for the rims. the main thing that i am worried about is i just dont want to be rolling around on a tire that is so thin that i damage my rims easily, but was not sure if the 225/40/18 would fit without rubbing. thay is also why i was considering a 17 inch rim so i could have more sidewall, but will a 17 inch rim look too small on a wagon? also, is there very much weight difference between a 17 and a 18? which would u suggest?

i am also looking for a catback exhaust for this car but have not found anything, is there any out there?

thank you very much in advance for your help
Old 09-25-2002, 09:16 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lots of questions!

Well, to start with, the low beams are 9006 and highs are 9005, you are correct... the Silverstars are AWESOME! However, they do not make a H3 bulb at this time, and yes an H3 is what the stock fogs use.

The 90-91 tail lights are the same design as the wagon lights (turn signal on top, brake/tail on bottom) but I am not 100% sure if they fit. They look the same. Park next to a 90-91 accord and check 'em out... or if you know someone with one, try swapping the lights to see if they fit properly. I agree that the red/clear lenses are very nice, and would look the best on a white car!

You'd be pleased with 17's, especially if you live in an urban area, or your area has a lot of bad roads. If you get 17's, go with the 215/45-17 tires... as a 205/40-17 is usually used on a civic/integra and would be too small of a tire for an accord (very low-profile!)

If you were to get 18's, the tire with a smaller sidewall would be best... so probably the 215/35/18... but mind you that is a very low profile tire, and you can easily bend your wheels on potholes... etc.

There are pics of my 94 sedan in my signature... I have 17's with 215/45-17 tires, so that may give you an idea of what they'd look like.

There are cat-backs made for the wagon... ive seen them before, you just have to search carefully for them, as I know the choice of manufactures is rather limited.

keep us posted... I love tricked out wagons!