Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad Day, my '01 EX-V6 is gone! - and a question?

Old 05-20-2006, 08:23 AM
01ACCORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad Day, my '01 EX-V6 is gone! - and a question?

I hugged it and kissed it goodbye, then gave the keys to it's new owner. Damn that was a good car. Other than one Oil Seal, I never put any money in it other than regular maintenance stuff for the 152k. It never left me stranded, and still ran great.

Sold it to my Brother-in-law for his son. He's got a real nice car now. Cut him a little better price than I wanted to sell it for, but that's what friends do

Now the question. My car-pool person has an 01 Accord LX, and she needs to replace the door molding on the drivers door. The wide strip that runs horizontally along the door. The clear coat has flaked off. Someone hit it with their door so hard it started flaking, and then there was no stopping it.

I found the part for $70, but I'm not sure how to remove the existing one. Are there clips? Just adhesive?

If you've done this, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:44 AM
jschmid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are clips AND adhesive on the sedans, adhesive only on the coupes. You can pop the clips loose from the inside of the car (remove the door panel and some insulation) and you should have access to the clips. But I've heard of people just pulling on the outside and being able to remove them. Might be worth trying to pull them off, because since you are replacing the trim, it won't matter if you break it.

Last edited by jschmid; 05-20-2006 at 09:03 AM.