Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

price for a new door?

Old 05-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default price for a new door?

so i go to walmart to get some deodorant last night around 10:30... i come out to see my trunk is open. subwoofers gone. amp gone. go up front to see someone threw a boulder right at the driver door, busting the entire thing in, smashing the window, and taking the head unit. besides the 800 of equipment i just lost, how much is a new door gonna run me up about?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Got insurance? I wouldn't worry about it if you do besides a good body shop will probably be able to fix it without replacing it.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

liability only on it... doesnt cover shit on the actualy car... only what it might do to another car
Old 05-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Big AL
Swollen Member

OK, let me get this straight, not trying to be an ass here but you've got $800 worth of equipment in your car and you've only got liability insurance? :doood: :wtcslap:
Comprehensive insurance is not that much. I can understand why you'd drop collison and you need liability of course but comprehensive is like chump change compared to what you pay for liability. Sorry, I just don't understand why some people put expensive ass stereos in their cars and no insurance to cover it.

As for your door, who knows? You might try your local junkyard to see if they have one but I'd go to a body shop first to see what they'd charge to fix it.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

okay, i found a used door... but heres the thing... my car is a 94 and this door came off a 96. besides the ass-end these cars look identical. so will this one be able to fit?