Notices

Air Intake Suggestion needed

Old 05-13-2006, 08:10 PM
waccordlx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Intake Suggestion needed

well i have a 99 accord auto. my bro put a POS intake in their and i believe its eating away at gas. i brought the car off of him. well every day or every other day i have to put at least 10-15 dollars for gas and im thinkn this is outrages becuase i travel maybe 20 miles in a day. well he has it set up like this. the air filter box i believe is still sitting under the hood but he has the oem hose attached to a filter that looks like it comes off of a aftermarket air intake. so im thinkn of buying a short ram or a cold ram idk which would be better for me. btw im not looking for speed just something that looks fine but not to cheap. also i have a maint required light what should i do about it....i been driving on it for about 3 weeks now.....
Old 05-13-2006, 08:42 PM
burtonseven03

I don't think this is an intake problem, it sounds like you might have bad fuel injectors. I would also not drive the car as much until you get the problem fixed, the maintence required lights are on there for a reason.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:38 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maintinence required or check engine light?

when was the last time you had any work or maintainence done? did your bro forget to reconnect anything when installing the intake?
Old 05-14-2006, 09:20 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by waccordlx
well i have a 99 accord auto. my bro put a POS intake in their and i believe its eating away at gas. i brought the car off of him. well every day or every other day i have to put at least 10-15 dollars for gas and im thinkn this is outrages becuase i travel maybe 20 miles in a day. well he has it set up like this. the air filter box i believe is still sitting under the hood but he has the oem hose attached to a filter that looks like it comes off of a aftermarket air intake. so im thinkn of buying a short ram or a cold ram idk which would be better for me. btw im not looking for speed just something that looks fine but not to cheap. also i have a maint required light what should i do about it....i been driving on it for about 3 weeks now.....
so put the oem intake back?