Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help , Accord 96 Bulb replacement!!

Old 04-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Ayashifx55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help , Accord 96 Bulb replacement!!

Hi , am new at this , just got my license and car , nice to meet you all ~ i don't know if this is the right place for this but ... ive been looking everywhere , this is the only place for it i think.

Anyways , i recently purchased off japan a pair of Xenon gas bulbs replacement for Accord 90-97 , 4500K ~ 9006 , InputPower 90W/100W , my car is an Honda Accord 96 4D

My problem is , ITS VERY HARD to replace the bulbs !!! The bulb is locked by a black cap which says "twist" to unlock , but the problem is , i don't have that strenght to twist it ... they even said with "Brute Force" but really , i tried myself and coulnt even twist a little cm~ So i guess it locked extremely tight ... Is there any way to make it loose?? Plus the design made me lose strengh because of the tightness , so i can't put my arm anywhere.

-Do you guys think that those stock cables/wires will support that inputpower?
-Is there anything i could loosen the lock?
-Whats the difference between 9006 & 9005?

I really need help ... even a local garage refused to help me do the job , as he said is illegal , but i see nothing illegal? Almost any car has very brighthead lights , maybe he thought it was blue ... but its not , its white , please help me any experience accord user.

Last edited by Ayashifx55; 04-18-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no-- 90 watt bulbs will eventually melt your stock harness.

find someone stronger... make sure youre not twisting it the wrong way

9006=low beam, 9005=highbeam
Old 04-19-2006, 06:30 AM
strykernyc

if u want to keep the bulbs them get a pair of HEAVY DUTY HEADLIGHT HARNESS from tasauto.com or u can buy a pair of bulbs from the same site. I got this 90-02 ARCTIC WHITE HEADLIGHT BULBS (LOW BEAM)-PAIR they are the best you can find before upgrading to HID.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Ayashifx55

Default Responce ...

Hi , this is where i bought them ...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

the picture says 90w/100w input power , but the descriptions says , No modification required , bolt-on directly. Can you guys please check ? Thanks. Because i bought another of those for a friend , but he uses an Mercedes Benz C230 2000 , is there a that big difference between them? He replaced successfully , and he said its working perfectly ... as me , i can't even install them =[
Old 04-19-2006, 10:40 AM
semyonlibman

Originally Posted by Ayashifx55
... but the descriptions says , No modification required , ...
Do you think they care?

I still have a question for you: Have you ever been blinded by those who do not care and install the too bright after market lights?

And if you still decide to go for it. I would use a pair of channellock. May be a rag. And yes make sure you turn it in the right direction.

Sam
Old 04-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Ayashifx55

Actually, mine aren't that bright as you can see , compared to those 8500k i guess , ive taken the least bright on ebay i could find for accord , which is 4500k , so yea i did my best ...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

It's been awhile since I messed with my headlight bulbs but if I recall correctly, there's 2 screws on each side of the bulb harness that help hold the socket into place. Try looking at it real carefully and see if you can loosen up those screws before you try twisting the bulb out of the headlight assembly. Otherwise, get someone stronger than you.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

blue tinted bulbs do not produce good output... the blue filter blocks out alot of visible light... the boost in wattage is there to compensate for that.

the stock wiring is only made to handle 65watts max.... you should get a harness (which uses thicker wiring and a relay) to power these lights before you melt your stock harness.

K rating is not a brightness level... K is the color temperature. stock bulbs are around 3500K... OEM hids are 4300-5000K. the higher you go above 5000K... the bluer the light will get. bluer light = less output.

Last edited by Misa; 04-19-2006 at 11:38 AM.