Notices

91 accord problems

Old 01-18-2006, 01:22 PM
ajth87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 accord problems

I have a 91 accord lx and there are two problems that i am tryin to get any kind of help on. first when I start my car it idles. The idle goes from high to low high to low and continues to do so until I put it in gear. i really need to get that fixed. also, my sports light is stuck on. I try to push the button to shut it off but nothing happens. It causes me not to be able to put the car in drive and go normally it will hesitate real bad until I get past 2500 rpms which takes forever. Please help me it is appreciated.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:35 PM
mn__30

First of all how many miles on your car? I know that if your sports light or the D4 light stays on it mean that you have a transmission problem. If I were you I would take you car to a shop to have it looked at. You don't want to get stuck somewhere.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:57 PM
TypeG

Originally Posted by ajth87
The idle goes from high to low high to low and continues to do so until I put it in gear.
it may be clogged egr, air in coolant, fast idle valve, or air idle control valve. any check engine lights?
Originally Posted by ajth87
also, my sports light is stuck on. I try to push the button to shut it off but nothing happens. It causes me not to be able to put the car in drive and go normally it will hesitate real bad until I get past 2500 rpms which takes forever. Please help me it is appreciated.
could be the TCU. or worse, the tranny. later.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:22 PM
ajth87

i have about 238,000 miles on my car. but this problem just started not too long ago. I can try to get the tranny looked at but can it be at all the sensors attached to the tranny that controls the Sports in the car????