Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sports w/stocks???

Old 09-13-2002, 02:30 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports w/stocks???

I know it's recommended to do shocks when doing lowering springs but im kinda low on cash right now and just got ahold of some Neuspeed Sports and just recently came up on some EX alloys and im itching to slap em on w/the springs. I am thinking I should be ok w/this setup for about 6mos to a year w/ the stock shocks, this will give me enough time to save up for the AGX shocks. Opinions please. Do you disagree or agree that I'll be ok for a little while w/this setup? I can't go another day w/ the alloys staring me in the face, looking at my puny 14" steelies and major wheel gap everyday, I should go for it right?
Old 09-13-2002, 02:53 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

ddeeeew it. you only live once.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:54 PM
vtec94

you will be fine with stock struts running on sports drop.
i used to have the H&R sports setup with stock struts for almost year w/o any problems before i changed over to the current setup.

good luck!
Old 09-13-2002, 03:08 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by aux
ddeeeew it. you only live once.
That's what im talking about!!! Will I need a camber kit for the fronts? I will have 95 EX alloys on 60 series Kumho rubbers w/Neuspeed sports. 1 1/2" drop up front, 1 3/4" out back. I can't wait!!!!!
Old 09-13-2002, 03:10 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by vtec94
you will be fine with stock struts running on sports drop.
i used to have the H&R sports setup with stock struts for almost year w/o any problems before i changed over to the current setup.

good luck!
Cool. How was the ride, was it bumpy? I know a good shock will improve the ride alot, but the stocks are gonna have to do for now, unless it's gonna ride like a 88 Mazda B2000 mini truck w/4 coils cut off the stock springs.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:23 PM
aux

naw. just rotate every once in awhile
Old 09-13-2002, 03:47 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by aux
naw. just rotate every once in awhile
That pic of your car is off the chain, nice and clean, very nice. I see you have the EX alloys on your ride, what kind of drop, springs and shocks. Looks like you got a little camber going on up front. Is that what I should expect when I do mine? Meaning is the overall look of the drop gonna look like yours.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:50 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by EliteAccord

Your right he will only live once with that setup.

Just kidding. If it will take you up to 6 months to save up then its okay to use stock shocks for those springs. However if it takes more then a year then wait.

I would highly recommend camber kit with those springs. My friend with those springs and 5th Gen needed it.
Well, it's gonna take more than a year for me to get them, so im opening up a "AGX for 94Uhkord" fund, feel free to donate funds. jfwy. Actually, I think im gonna stick w/the GR-2's, or some Koni Reds, not sure yet. While im thinking about it, the springs are green, my car is bordeaux red, not quite a good match. I think im gonna paint em black or red or something, that green is gonna clash hardcore.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:09 PM
aux

Originally posted by 94uhkord

That pic of your car is off the chain, nice and clean, very nice. I see you have the EX alloys on your ride, what kind of drop, springs and shocks. Looks like you got a little camber going on up front. Is that what I should expect when I do mine? Meaning is the overall look of the drop gonna look like yours.
neuspeed sports and kyb agxs.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:23 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Check it out, I can get the KYB GR-2's for $166 shipped, should I go for it? Can anybody vouch for the ride quality with these shocks when mated with a non aggressive drop like the the sports?

Quick Reply: Sports w/stocks???