Notices

How can I up my HP

Old 11-22-2005, 07:18 AM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless it's an '03/'04 Cobra, don't even bother with a Mustang. If you're getting a different car for power, get one with an LS1/LS2, and mod from there. I just sold my intake/lt headers/straight exhaust/cam/nitrous '02 SS Camaro for my current '04 Accord. That thing dynoed 500rwhp and 600lb-ft of torque.

Anyways, I was trying to get away from THAT much power, and get into something that was quick - not fast, comfortable, luxurious (relatively), and low-cost maintenance (Mobil 1 synthetic race formula per 3K miles and $200+ per tire for BFG KDW's and 93 octane was getting expensive).

My solution (if I complete it) is to spray my '04 V6 with a 100-shot, and hopefully not have to mess with the tune, so I'll still get good gas mileage with a 300whp Accord. Hopefully I can play with the fuel jetting to avoid messing with the car's everyday fuel consumption. That's if you have a 6-cylinder, though. Anything less, and I wouldn't think it would be worth it per amount of money you will sink into the car.

IMO, intake, exhaust, little bolt-ons are a waste of money compared to just doing one big thing. You can easily spend $800 on bolt-ons to give you... maybe 20whp, when you can just spray it for $800 and have an additional 100whp (going from my case). My car will be bone stock down to the factory air filter, with a NX wet kit.

I say go for a substantial increase, or leave it alone.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:26 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

careful running that high of spray on a stock Honda engine ... a 50 is still pushing it.

the engine is meant to gain power though technology (advanced timing, gas sensitive timing, etc) not brute force.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:37 AM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

im going to get a Shelby Mustang for senior graduation