Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first accord

Old 10-12-2005, 02:24 PM
ziggdoggaroni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first accord

So i've been a Civic Si driver all my life. Now i have a little girl (13 days old) and Civic is gone! It was an 02' and the funnest (i hate that word) car to drive. So now I have a 2002 accord special edition. It's got the 2.3 inline 4. Here's my question, how much can this automatic tranny handle. My wife doesn't care what i do to the car, she's just glad i have 4 doors. I want to go turbo or supercharger. What's going to going to give me the longest engine life and not require me to change out the tranny? She's can't drive stick and i'm going there. It's enough that she's letting drop some money into this car as it is. Already added an Alpine CD player, Alpine 4 channel amp, Alpine mono sub amp, Infinity kappa 6.5"'s in the front doors, kappa 6X 9"''s in the rear deck, and a Solobaric 10 in the trunk. The sound is done. Now i need a pep under the hood. Gimme some links and suggestions please. I'm in Jacksonville , FL so if anyone out there knows people that do work around here, i'm open to suggestion. Thanks all.

ZZZ
Old 10-12-2005, 04:48 PM
jschmid

You can turbo it, but the auto tranny will be a limiting factor in how much boost you can run reliably.

What would I do? Sell that car and use the money that you would have spent on a turbo (5K at least) and buy an 03 or newer V6 Accord...240hp vs 150hp, that's going to be the best bang for your buck, and you can't get any more reliable than that. That's seriously going to be the best way to get 90 extra reliable horses.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:01 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally Posted by jschmid
You can turbo it, but the auto tranny will be a limiting factor in how much boost you can run reliably.

What would I do? Sell that car and use the money that you would have spent on a turbo (5K at least) and buy an 03 or newer V6 Accord...240hp vs 150hp, that's going to be the best bang for your buck, and you can't get any more reliable than that. That's seriously going to be the best way to get 90 extra reliable horses.
Ditto...

Else I would leave the engine completely stock and focus your efforts on the chassis solely. It's got a solid chassis, you can very easily improve the feel of this car aound town with some choice suspension mods. And you won't spend near the same outlay of cash.

Fast turbo 4dr?, should have purchased a WRX or EVO, or even a 1.8T or 2.0T Audi A4.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:19 AM
Thooks
President-2008

This is what I'd do:

You've just brought a kid home from the hospital. Keep the car you just got. If you trade, you are gonna lose your butt unless you sell it privately quickly.

You are looking at the next 5 years with some major expenses. No, I don't know your financial situation, but if you were driving a Civic, you aren't taking calls nightly from the board members of the bank.

Drive the car you have, do regular maintenance on it for the next 5 years, and be happy you have a reliable source of transportation. You have other, more important things in life to spend money on versus crap for a vehicle that is losing money everyday. Change the oil in the thing, do some other required maintenance, and be happy.

Spend the other money on diapers, wipes, food, formula, medicine, doctor visits, clothes, shoes, toys, and start some sort of post-secondary education fund.

Just my opinion.