Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0420 Code AGAIN!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 04:53 PM
big2000dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skabone69
your missing the overall point, you know nothing but yet you act like a pompus dick, and on top of that you can't read the whole thread. Like I stated before if you would have read the post I made about a year ago you could have tried that to solve your problem. Why don't you address your own problem that you can't read and absorb information that is right in front of you? Reading comprehension >>>>> you
That looks like a crap fix; a cover up to a real issue. If your cat is going out, why would you want to trick the ecu rather than replace the real issue at hand? That seems like a great idea as its cheap and you probably don't have to worry about your cat going out for several thousand miles at the early stages. It also relieves you of the annoying service engine light, but a bad part is a bad part and it will come back to haunt you later, right? And yes, i do realize that cats take some time to hinder or incapacitate your vehicle. I'm the first to admit that i'm far from an expert on Honda's, but explain to me how this gets you BETTER gas milege, assuming that your cat is getting fudged up and needs replacing soon? By the way, i did read the thread and dismissed it as being another craptaculous fix that is sure to bite you in the ass later down the line. I'de like to see some testimonials of long-term use . F U Mr. o2 Sensor! I will blind fold dat @zz and tell the ecu you're really doing A OK. :bs:
Old 04-21-2007, 05:03 AM
xXTidusXx
Honda Love

what do you guys think of high flow cats from OBX and magnaflow? do they really have much impact?
Old 04-21-2007, 06:28 AM
skabone69

Originally Posted by big2000dave
That looks like a crap fix; a cover up to a real issue. If your cat is going out, why would you want to trick the ecu rather than replace the real issue at hand? That seems like a great idea as its cheap and you probably don't have to worry about your cat going out for several thousand miles at the early stages. It also relieves you of the annoying service engine light, but a bad part is a bad part and it will come back to haunt you later, right? And yes, i do realize that cats take some time to hinder or incapacitate your vehicle. I'm the first to admit that i'm far from an expert on Honda's, but explain to me how this gets you BETTER gas milege, assuming that your cat is getting fudged up and needs replacing soon? By the way, i did read the thread and dismissed it as being another craptaculous fix that is sure to bite you in the ass later down the line. I'de like to see some testimonials of long-term use . F U Mr. o2 Sensor! I will blind fold dat @zz and tell the ecu you're really doing A OK. :bs:
its a crap fix but yet there are a ton of people that do it on their imports not just hondas. I've had the O2 defouler on my car for over 3 years without a problem, and I still get about 380-400 miles on a tank of gas it odviously doesn't work.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:55 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

It works just fine, I've ran it for sometime. The cat isn't "blocked" persay, just not removing hydrocarbons and such as it should. That's what the o2 sensor is telling you, not that it's blocked in any way. I could care less if the catalyst is working in there.

I've been running mine for over a year, no problems. I don't even have a cat and it works fine. Skabone and I know our head from our ass when it comes Honda's, Accords specifically.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:01 AM
big2000dave

Originally Posted by skabone69
its a crap fix but yet there are a ton of people that do it on their imports not just hondas. I've had the O2 defouler on my car for over 3 years without a problem, and I still get about 380-400 miles on a tank of gas it odviously doesn't work.
Do imports' cats differ from say a chevy cat? My wife had a 96 s10 blazer and a couple of years ago we had to replace the cat, not because it was throwing a code, but because it got to the point where the cat was so fouled up, that it took almost all power away from the engine. We had no choice but to change it. Are you telling me that your defouler trick would have fixed my Blazer?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:17 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

We're saying the problem with the 6th gen Accords isn't the cat getting plugged, but the catalyst wearing out. THE 02 SENSOR HAS NO WAY OF KNOWING THE CAT IS PHYSICALLY PLUGGED, IT JUST SAMPLES SPENT EXHAUST GAS.

If your cat plugged up, you had a different problem.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:22 PM
big2000dave

After all the bickering, im accually considering the defouler thing. <good voice> must preserve environment.....must make al gore happy </good voice> <bad voice> who give a $*i+, you won't have to spend hundreds on another cat and we're all going to parish anyway</bad voice> :noes:
Old 04-27-2007, 07:31 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

You'll come to find out we know a thing or two
Old 04-28-2007, 04:19 AM
big2000dave

I don't deny that by any means. No sarcasm included
Old 08-29-2007, 07:14 AM
tattery202

scabone and totalmoron, I just registered to say you guys are unbelievable. Totalmoron took the conversation down with his moron comment and although dave could have expressed it better, he was only trying to bring it back up to a more mature level. I'm impressed with the way he eventually resolved the conflict and I'm sure you two are breaking your arms patting yourselves on the back for your knowledge of cars. I don't give a $hit how much you know about cars, it doesn't give you the right to berate people for trying to help.

Go ahead and reply to this message, I won't be back to see what 12 year old response you'll have. I'll be spending my time on forums with the adults.