Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Japanese Navi System

Old 09-15-2005, 11:10 PM
aaristotle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Japanese Navi System

Last weekend I purchased a Japanese import Honda Accord 2003 Station Wagon. (CM2, 24E engine, 2.4l)
The car came with a Japanese navigation system which is really useful here in New Zealand
However there appears to be some interesting features which may work, if only I could read the Japanese instruction manual and touch screen icons. Some of the buttons and touch icons are in english so I can pretty much figure out the air conditioning, CD, radio and fuel economy screens.
Barring someone having an english Navigation System Manual scanned or in PDF format they could send to me, any help with the following questions would be appreciated.

1. The system has a hands free phone connection socket in the centre console, does anyone have a pinout for this connector, and info on whats involved in the setup on the Navi screen. (I am hoping to connect a Nokia GSM phone).

2. Is there any way of adjusting the clock (currently locked to Japanese GPS time). How is it handled in the US with the different time zones?

3. How do the voice activated controls work, ie do you train it with your own words for each function or is it clever enough to figure out specific words for any voice ?

4. The unit has a TV button, and in the luggage area under the floor are red, white and yellow RCA connectors. Can anyone confirm these are inputs to the TV (one of the touch buttons on the TV screen is VTR so I guessing I have a video aux input already built in!)

5. I see that www.Helminc.com in the US sell a Honda 2003 Naviagtion Manual which I assume is the standard Honda manual. If anyone could supply a few screen shots of different screens on their Navi computer I could compare them with my japanese Navi to see if it is worth purchasing this manual to try and help further decipher the system.

Thanks
Aaron