Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5-speed tranny FUBAR

Old 09-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Ames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5-speed tranny FUBAR

I recently fell out of love with my 02 2-dr 5 speed in-line 4. Apparently Honda makes some pretty lousy trannies (but a manual transmission? Weren't they ok with those?). Anyways they had to replace the gearbox. Only thing is, when they did the repair, they forgot to tighten the tranny fluid line and the stuff ended up leaking out for a week. Anyone knows what happens when you drive the car when the tranny fluid is leaking? The day it was finally bone dry, I drove it out of the garage and back. Is it totally messed up?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:42 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

so was it covered by warranty?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Ames

It was under warranty, but I'm not so much worried about the gear box. I'm more worried about the damage that was caused because I was driving with little to no tranny fluid. Since I don't know what damage was actually caused, I don't know if THAT will be covered. If I knew what damage could have been caused, I can bring that to the dealer's attention and demand they cover that as well.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:28 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

i dont understand...why would you be worried about something that they did wrong and they replaced the whole tranny for you?

they ran it low on fluid and it broke, you run anything on fluid and it shall break sometime sooner or later.

just keep a note to yourself, consistanly check for leaks under your car and if there is, put your finger in it and smell it.