Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Ones,tein,tenabe,eibach???

Old 07-11-2005, 04:45 PM
murfs66
7th Gen accord sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Ones,tein,tenabe,eibach???

Which are the better springs . They all lower my car about the same(1.5) ,but the prices vary from $150-$230. Does anyone here have any advise on the springs themselves. These are the only ones that I'm looking for to fit my application (2005 accord 4,4). I just thought I'd post to get some decent feedback on brands. I know this question has been answered hundreds of times,but couldnt find a thread for just these brands,,,,thanks guys....
Old 07-12-2005, 05:49 PM
murfs66
7th Gen accord sedan

come on guys help me out here....
Old 07-12-2005, 06:05 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Well I personally would stick with only H&R or Eibach for springs as both mfg. have had a long reputation and they both make competitive race springs, and both offer more then one spring usually for a given application.

And you can find them easily at places like Summit Racing or the Tirerack.

If your car is 50,000mi or more I definately wouldn't do the springs without a set of OE replacement shocks at minimum, else a nice set of performance shocks like Tokicos, Bilstiens, Koni's, etc. would be wise too.

Eibach even offers a spring-shock package for some applications.

I have Eibach prokits, they are very daily livable, but not a huge slam like many like. But I drive my car when I take it out, I don't mow down speed bumps for show.

And just to add I've had my prokits on the car for 5 1/2 years now and they are the same today as when they were new. I had many many un-informed individuals tell me when I installed them, that they would sag and droop over time....I guess I'll keep waiting? (unlikely) And as a point your springs shouldn't ever settle or lower over time-period.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:15 PM
kmcaprice14

I love my H&Rs. I have the sprint springs with the biggest available drop. Even this ride is fairly smooth. Not at all choppy or bouncy. Sure its stiff, but at highway speeds its just planted to the road. The drop settled perhaps a tad unevenly, so you might want to check with other people first, but its not that noticable. My passenger side rear tire is tucked under the well by about .5 inch, whereas my drivers side rear tire is just flush with the edge of the well. Nothing huge, but the ride and handling are amazing. Oh, and I have mine with Tokico Illuminas on a 94 lx.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:04 AM
mattkeiss

I've got my 6th gen Accord lowered on Eibach Sportline springs, and they're amazing. I'd highly recommend Eibach because they come with a million mile warranty and give your ride a great look without sacrificing ride feel. Check ebaymotors.com and you can usually pick up a set for around $210 or so. For about another $400 (including labor) you can pair the Eibachs with Tokico struts, which gives your Accord an amazing feel through corners.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:12 PM
murfs66
7th Gen accord sedan

Hey thanks guys the eibach's sound good and I can get a set for my 05 accord for only $228 from overboost.com. Do you think I need a camber kit with the 1.5 drop pro kit. The guy at the store said that I wouldnt need them unless I dropped it over 2".

MRCHAD,,,do you have a camber kit of do you suggest me getting one?

thanks
Old 07-13-2005, 07:18 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally Posted by murfs66
Hey thanks guys the eibach's sound good and I can get a set for my 05 accord for only $228 from overboost.com. Do you think I need a camber kit with the 1.5 drop pro kit. The guy at the store said that I wouldnt need them unless I dropped it over 2".

MRCHAD,,,do you have a camber kit of do you suggest me getting one?

thanks
Yes I have a camber kit, I didn't have one on my OE 15" tires. I did get some wear on my OE tires but my OE tires were cheap I didn't care much about that. But the wear got much worse on the 18's I have now. So I installed a camber kit on the rear only with my Koni shocks later on.

If you have the cash I would install a camber kit. They didn't make a camber kit when I got my springs in summer '00 the kit appeared a year later and I installed it then. The TSX now has a kit so I would assume the Accord 7th gen now does too.

You should only need a rear kit the front will be within spec after you get the car realigned after the spring install.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:58 PM
murfs66
7th Gen accord sedan

Great thanks,,,,I did look into the camber kit and thay have it for the 05. I am running 18's as well and just got brand new tires(not cheap). Definatly I'll get the kit. Thanks
Old 07-13-2005, 09:52 PM
kiddcarbuff

im running 18's on my 91 with teins.........a camber kit was needed......the teins ride soo great..look good to...(JGTC and Japanese racing uses them or their coilovers) great springs....decnt priced too (i got mine for $175 on ebay..... yes trhey are real Teins. called in the part # on the box)
Old 07-14-2005, 02:58 PM
murfs66
7th Gen accord sedan

Kiddcarbuff , How is the drop look with the teins(gap)? Is the ride quality the same as the eibachs?