Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Acc 92, Need Help in fixing Heater valve

Old 07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
hondacc92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Acc 92, Need Help in fixing Heater valve

My Accord 92 heater valve won't shutt off. I am geeting hot air no matter what I select on the selection switch Hot or cold. I know my ac is not working, so when I select the switch at cold, I sould get fresh air. but I get the hot air. I want to fix this problem myself. Can any body help? Do I need to open the whole dashboard to get to the switch. I would highly appreciate your help. Thanks
Old 07-08-2005, 06:56 PM
foot

I don't know if these use vacuum motors or if there is a linkage connected to the heater valve from the lever on the dash. Look near the rear of the engine compartment. You should see two black hoses about 1" in diameter going through the rear of the engine compartment and they should be right next to one another. On one of those hoses there should be a small black box ( heater valve ) with a linkage connected to it. See if the linkage has broken off that black heater valve. If it is still on, then you will have to remove the center dash to see what is broken.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:42 PM
thisismatt

Like foot said the valve is easily accessable at the back of the engine compartment on the firewall. Try turning the valve there.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:42 PM
hondacc92

Default Honda Acc 92, Need help in fixing Heater valve

Thanks for your reply. I checked as you suggested and I identified two hoses but I could not find any black box as you mentioned. The hoses are entering the under the dash bord area where the heater/air con control knobs are located on the panel. It looks like, I have to pull out the heater/air con panel out to see whats going on....but I need your help to get to it with out damaging any thing else.