Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! rear strut removal problems..

Old 07-03-2005, 11:57 PM
diplomattik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! rear strut removal problems..

i'm trying to install some sportline coilovers on my 98 accord [4dr].. i got the fronts on pretty easily.. but im having problemos removing the rear struts.. i know theres just one bolt connecting the strut in place with the knuckle.. and only one nut at the top.. but after removing both, the bushing at the bottom just wont fit through the knuckle.. its pushing against something on the left.. i've tried everything.. prying, hitting, pushing.. nothing worked.. just wondering if anyones ever had this problem before or if anyone has any suggestions.. it sucks ass that such a little problem is giving me so much trouble.. any help would be appreciated.. thanks
Old 07-04-2005, 12:34 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by diplomattik
i'm trying to install some sportline coilovers on my 98 accord [4dr].. i got the fronts on pretty easily.. but im having problemos removing the rear struts.. i know theres just one bolt connecting the strut in place with the knuckle.. and only one nut at the top.. but after removing both, the bushing at the bottom just wont fit through the knuckle.. its pushing against something on the left.. i've tried everything.. prying, hitting, pushing.. nothing worked.. just wondering if anyones ever had this problem before or if anyone has any suggestions.. it sucks ass that such a little problem is giving me so much trouble.. any help would be appreciated.. thanks
thrs actually two up top...
it is extrmely hard to get to.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:25 AM
diplomattik

ahh dammit.. can u tell me where it is.. or gimme a link to a how-to article or somthing? i looked everywhere didnt find anything that says where they are
Old 07-04-2005, 09:00 AM
jschmid

Yeah, to get to the two nuts on top (don't remove the center top mount nut) you need to remove the side bolsters (one 10mm bolt under the bottom between the bolster and the seat bottom. Then lay the seat back forward, remove the plastic tray on top, then you should have access.

Once you remove those nuts, the spring/shock assembly should be loose, but like you said, it probably won't quite fall out. You will probably have to have someone else come out and stand on the rear rotor/drum to push the spindle down to give you more room. You should eventually be able to fenagle it out.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:07 AM
diplomattik

thanks man i'll check it out