Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f23 motor build for a boosted 6th gen accord

Old 05-26-2005, 04:42 AM
skabone69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f23 motor build for a boosted 6th gen accord

its still in the process of being built, but its a good read. I know I wouldn't have the balls to do it all my self. or the money for that matter. he's hoping to get over 300whp after the car is running and tuned.
http://www.honduh.com/showthread.php?t=565

the scarry thing is that there are way faster accords that are pushing over 450whp. I've seen a few of them posting on honda-tech, and they are impressive.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:03 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by skabone69
its still in the process of being built, but its a good read. I know I wouldn't have the balls to do it all my self. or the money for that matter. he's hoping to get over 300whp after the car is running and tuned.
http://www.honduh.com/showthread.php?t=565

the scarry thing is that there are way faster accords that are pushing over 450whp. I've seen a few of them posting on honda-tech, and they are impressive.

so you smoke weed ehhh...................(dutch sitting ion the block )
maybe thats why your on your third engine..lol.

I didnt know you could get 450whp out of an F23...
Old 05-26-2005, 10:04 AM
skabone69

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
so you smoke weed ehhh...................(dutch sitting ion the block )
maybe thats why your on your third engine..lol.

I didnt know you could get 450whp out of an F23...
that's not my engine, thats my buddy Brian's engine. but I have been known to go over there and hang. :bandito:

yeah, I was surprised to see some of the accord guys making that much power. of course their engines are completly built to take the power though. some of those guys are spending some serious loot on their rides, but they know what they are talking about over on the forced induction section on honda-tech.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:55 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by skabone69
that's not my engine, thats my buddy Brian's engine. but I have been known to go over there and hang. :bandito:

yeah, I was surprised to see some of the accord guys making that much power. of course their engines are completly built to take the power though. some of those guys are spending some serious loot on their rides, but they know what they are talking about over on the forced induction section on honda-tech.

I just got done reading the post.
Awesome work you guys are doing....

didnt you have a problem a while back with your rear camber?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:12 AM
skabone69

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
I just got done reading the post.
Awesome work you guys are doing....

didnt you have a problem a while back with your rear camber?
I do have a little camber, but its still within factory spec so I haven't felt the need for a camber kit. as long as I rotate the tires on a regular basis they will wear fine.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:33 AM
AcuraFanatic

Hey man if you ever need a hand let me know. I can shoot down for a weekend.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:17 AM
skabone69

Originally Posted by AcuraFanatic
Hey man if you ever need a hand let me know. I can shoot down for a weekend.
very cool, I'll let Brian(notoriousB) know. I'm sure he'd love the help. I think he's still got a few weeks let to build the motor due having the wrong size bearings. We're going to have to carry the motor down from the 3rd floor and transport it to a garage near by, and he'll need help with putting the engine back into the accord, and hooking the turbo back up. He does have air tools so it shouldn't be that bad getting the new engine all hooked up. I'm sure we'll have a good amount of beer to drink during the process. :cheers: :beer:
Old 05-27-2005, 05:06 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

I didn't read any of the above but I figured this was a good thread to whore on

Anyone check out the latest issue of Sport Compact Car, they had a build up of an Accord F-series for use in a drag car (Honda Insight chassis). It's a DX F22A motor but the principles seam the same, it's running a sick 17:1 comp. ratio and makes almost 350hp on the race fuel. I wonder if some of those techniques could be used to build a wicked sick Turbo block or even a solid 180-200hp street NA motor. It just seemed very cool, many of the principles I though might make for a raging F23 engine all NA. Maybe one day I'll have the guts to rip the perfectly good 64k mi engine from my non daily ride.

The block was de-stroked with a trick H22A crank and had fater pistons and a sleeved block, they basically squared out the bore stroke ratio for better high rpm longevity, very cool if you ask me. I'm a bit ho-hum and board over the swap an H series engine stuff. People have made killer engines from meager blocks in the past. Why not find a use for all the Accord blocks, heavens knows they sell plenty of D series stuff, the F is a way better block IMO.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:15 PM
skabone69

yeah, I heard about that. those are some sick numbers for an accord engine. if you were to get pistons, rods, and go the NA route you could easily get the F series to 200whp. if you do pistons, rods, and boost you should be able to crank out 260whp at least.