Old 05-27-2005, 05:06 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't read any of the above but I figured this was a good thread to whore on

Anyone check out the latest issue of Sport Compact Car, they had a build up of an Accord F-series for use in a drag car (Honda Insight chassis). It's a DX F22A motor but the principles seam the same, it's running a sick 17:1 comp. ratio and makes almost 350hp on the race fuel. I wonder if some of those techniques could be used to build a wicked sick Turbo block or even a solid 180-200hp street NA motor. It just seemed very cool, many of the principles I though might make for a raging F23 engine all NA. Maybe one day I'll have the guts to rip the perfectly good 64k mi engine from my non daily ride.

The block was de-stroked with a trick H22A crank and had fater pistons and a sleeved block, they basically squared out the bore stroke ratio for better high rpm longevity, very cool if you ask me. I'm a bit ho-hum and board over the swap an H series engine stuff. People have made killer engines from meager blocks in the past. Why not find a use for all the Accord blocks, heavens knows they sell plenty of D series stuff, the F is a way better block IMO.