Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda accord 91'' heating problems

Old 05-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Nirvanaspartan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda accord 91'' heating problems

this issue started to happen about 2 days ago, I guess because of the temperature change I was driving to school one day, my school is about 45 miles away, and I had the ac blasted up and with my system on and it felt great seeing others with their windows down having to take in all the hot sticky air. well anyways I was at a stop sign and I seen that my temperature meter starting to rise up and I turned off the a/c and my temperature went down but it was still over the normal mark and it seems that every I go fast at a stop it goes up a little, well I seen another post up on this web site and it said to turn on the car and a/c and to see if both fan are good and when I turn on the car and the a/c at the same time the fan that blows towards the motor does not turn on so I am pretty sure that the fan does not work, and obviously I have to replace some thing, because I let the meter go half way up it still didn’t turn on, well any info on what else it could be like what I am hoping to god it could be like the thermostat, or any electrical things...
Well I guess karma can come and bite me in the ass any time lol.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:41 PM
VPUPPY

you are on the right track with the fan not turning on when it should. both fans should kick on with the a/c on, so track that problem down first. could be a relay or bad wiring so check the electrical out. also, check your fluid level in the cooling system.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Nirvanaspartan

i want to check the water but, i know this is like a newbie question but i dont know where the water should be held i seen a white compartment next to the radiator and i check the fluid in that and it is exteremly low, i just want to know where the water is supose to go
Old 05-14-2005, 08:03 PM
VPUPPY

ok, go to a honda dealer and buy coolant from them or any auto parts store. they sell premixed coolant/water so use that. don't just put water, but if you must use distilled water. if you buy premixed coolant/water at auto parts stores make sure whatever you buy it is safe for aluminum engines(if you don't it can cause a lot of problems).

now, that white bottle you refer to is the overflow tank. it is used to store coolant when the car warms up. when the car warms up, the coolant expands and it needs a place to go so it goes there. to properly check your coolant in your cars cooling system, the car must be cold(let it sit overnight). the reason why is you really want to check the coolant level in the radiator and if you open the radiator cap when its hot, coolant will go everywhere and it will burn you. so make sure the car is cold and open the radiator cap and see if there is coolant in the radiator. it should be up the bottom of the neck(part of the radiator you took the radiator cap off of) of the radiator. if its not, fill the radiator up. then you need to fill the overflow tank up. refer to your owners manual for more info, but on the the tank there should be marks indicating the max level and min level. it should be up by the max but can be anywhere between the two levels.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:18 AM
Nirvanaspartan

i totally see what you mean, i will do all of that in the morning, and another thing i just wanted to know will the radiator mess up if i put water in it
Old 05-15-2005, 11:08 AM
VPUPPY

you must put distilled water in there if you choose to put water. remember it is important to put a 50/50 mix of coolant and water because the coolant raises the boiling point of the water. if you just put water, it will boil too quick and may lead to damage.

also, the thermostat does not activate your cars cooling fans(it has no electrical connections). it is a mechanical part that allows the coolant to flow through the engine once the coolant has reached a certain temperature. you must test your fan switch.

you should get your hands on a HELMS manual. it has a flow chart on what to test. i would start with these items first: cooling fan relay, condenser fan relay, fan switch, and make sure they are getting the necessary voltage(refer to service manual for what pins should carry what voltage).
Old 05-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Nirvanaspartan

ok i will get the helms manuel
Old 05-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Nirvanaspartan

Its so happenes that when i took my car to the mech. they found out the it was the a/c condensor it was bad, i have to get it replaced and it runs about $350 with labor
Old 05-19-2005, 01:29 AM
Nirvanaspartan

OK i got it back and It feels great my a/c blows out a snow storm it feels like winter in alaska in southern Cali............i was going to get a better deal with a aftermarket a/c condensor but couldnt find any so i had to pay for the honda oem for about $235..but feels well worth it.. and another thing if your car fan stays on after you turn off your car like for about 1 minute the mech. says you got the same problem..so fix it well you still can