Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major Differences

Old 05-09-2005, 03:14 AM
opihi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Differences

I was wondering aboutthe major differences between the TSX and the Accord besides the tranny. I was wondering if some of the parts made for the TSX can fit on the Accord, like exhaust and headers and suchand also the tranny itself.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:36 PM
midwestgsr

i'm almost certain that the parts do not fit. The Euro Accord (or Acura TSX) is a bit smaller than the USDM accord
Old 05-20-2005, 06:59 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure everything can. It'd probably be a waste of money, but it'll all fit.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:55 PM
jschmid

You'll find more in common with the TL, not the TSX. Things like rear sway bar etc are swappable, I'm sure lots of other parts. In fact the rear sway from the new TL will not only fit 7th gen Accords, but it will fit 6th gen Accords, leading me to think there would still be a significant amount of parts that would swap over to bother generations of Accords. I do know that some suspension parts are different, I know the my rear camber arm for my 6th gen is the same as the last gen TL, but not the same as the 04 and newer TL.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:37 AM
midwestgsr

From CarandDriver.com "10 best cars"

Nominally a replacement for the old Integra sedan, the TSX is spiritually a much different creature with more refinement, more room, more car. An adaptation of the European Honda Accord, the TSX is smaller than the U.S. Accord sedan and more entertaining to drive. The $26,990 base price puts this car in the same general category as edge-of-luxury sedans with prestige nameplates, such as the Audi A4, BMW 325i, and Lexus IS300. That's pretty fast company, and we wouldn't mind if the TSX had just a little more punch. Its 2.4-liter DOHC 16-valve four is rated for 200 horsepower and 166 pound-feet of torque. Mated with the standard six-speed manual, that's enough to produce 0-to-60 sprints in the low-seven-second range, but that's only midpack in this class. On the other hand, the TSX is light on its feet and as responsive as a polo pony, its assembly quality is first-rate, and its list of standard features is pretty much unbeatable. The only options are a DVD-based nav system with voice recognition ($2000) and a five-speed automatic with a manumatic function, the latter offered at no extra cost. It's rare to find value and fun-to-drive dished up in such generous portions.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:03 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Um no guys. The Accord 4 cylinder and TSX both have a K24 engine. Just about everything from the TSX can fit on the Accord's 4 cylinder. That's his question. He's not asking about suspension and body parts.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:00 PM
midwestgsr

ok, another question... how does the AC do in this engine? my teg's engine gets completely dragged down by the AC... is this a similar problem in the 4 cylinder Accord/TSX

Thanks
Old 05-21-2005, 08:39 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by midwestgsr
ok, another question... how does the AC do in this engine? my teg's engine gets completely dragged down by the AC... is this a similar problem in the 4 cylinder Accord/TSX

Thanks
The air conditioner is belt driven off the engine...do the math. It takes a few horses to run it, and the effect is felt even more so in small displacement engines with little horsepower down low. I barely feel it in my V6, but it's there.