Notices

hybrid accords with HID's?

Old 04-18-2005, 08:10 AM
FLip wit da Flo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hybrid accords with HID's?

last night i saw a 7th gen accord sedan with HID's. I know for a fact they were OEM HID's and not aftermarket. Pure 4100k-4300k temp. color. No massive glare at all, it was perfect it looked like the last gen TL's. Now i know Accords usually dont come with HID's but i dunno if this was a hybrid or just some special requested accord with HID's.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:14 AM
scanrps
Honda Parts Tech

No, the Hybrid lights are the same as the rest of Accords.
The S2000 is still the only Honda(non Acura) that has HID.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:23 AM
FLip wit da Flo

so i'm guessin you can special request HID's from Honda with your car?

if these were aftermarket, they were damn good aftermarket ones. looked like OEM.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:30 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are many diff brand not oem and they look just like oem hid. i know someone with a old nissan and he has aftermark HID and they look exactly like original HID no color etc... just like u said. Pure 4100k-4300k temp. color. No massive glare at all, it was perfect .
Old 04-18-2005, 08:43 AM
FLip wit da Flo

do you know what brand that someone had?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:09 AM
RKV

actually, aftermarket dont have the flicker(changing from white to blue/purple oem hids do, aftermarket ones normally stay that very purple or ricey lookin blue with whitish tones. you probably saw an OEM HID retrofit on the car, basically, take hid projectors and the bulbs and ballast that come equipped on cars with hids, like s2000, audis, bmws, mercedes benz, acuras, lexus' and puttin them into cars like a 7th gen accord. different brand aftermarket hids DO NOT LOOK like oem hids, no offense, im not sure what standards you have who wrote that, but if u take a car with a rebased kit(even the most expensive aftermarket kits are cheaper then good oem projector retrofit projects such as s2000s/lexus sc430, newer acura tl, acura tsx, REAL d2s clear ece valeos which are euro spec audi S4, mistubishi EVO VIII projectors) and put it next to a car like say a cadlillas CTS that has hids stock, and have them drive toward you, that rebased kit wont flicker AT ALL and be as bright as the OEM hid equipped car, with less sharp cutoff, the rebased kiit will most likely have hotspots and MASSIVE glare. wont have that intense pure white to deep blue or purple we all love in hids.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:20 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmmm next time i see the nissan i am going to check myself to see if is retrofit but i dont think it is, because i remember they look so perfect that i want them myself and i ask the guy what HID he has and he said he forgot the brand name and the exact number. no blue color or anything just perfect clear.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:33 AM
RKV

im sure the person u kno has hids aftermarket or oem hid retrofit, and maybe they look nice at times at night, who doesnt love color or colorless, a pure white, instead of piss yellow, right? but the oem hids are 100x better and worth every extra penny is what im saying, in terms of light performance(safety reasons) and looks(visual eye pleaser and the head turning bling factor)
Old 04-18-2005, 10:20 AM
FLip wit da Flo

it wasnt a Retrofit, it was full reflector HID's.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:16 PM
eNoble
My Accord Drives Smooth.

could be silverstarts, they reach a color temp. of 4000K, which no other halogen bulb can do! Other than that it might be some aftermarket HIDS at 4100K off ebay or something!