Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6th Gen I4 Accord Throttle Body Spacer Install Help

Old 04-07-2005, 10:13 AM
TDotCord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6th Gen I4 Accord Throttle Body Spacer Install Help

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you have had experience installing a TB spacer on a 4 cylinder accord. I've found info on v6p regarding V6s but nothing anywhere regarding installs of I4s.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to be trying this weekend. The instructions that came with the helix power tower suck.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:48 PM
RKV

they do suck balls. id tell u, but som1 installed it for me. ask roby something with a bunch of numbers(silver coupe) from v6p.net, he installed his recently(original helix), and has an i4 6th gen accord, he was one of the ride of the month nominees last month(which dreman won)
Old 04-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Don't waste your time. They don't work.

And if you need proof: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=183801
Old 04-10-2005, 11:55 AM
TDotCord

thank for the tip RKV...I PMed him....it's Robby### something like that.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:04 PM
RKV

yea thats his name. at first i didnt hear the helix very well, but after i reset the ecu couple times, it changed a bit, i love the sound the helix makes now(BOV or supercharger), and i did see some improvements in gas mileage, 1-2 miles per gallon, hell, we got it so cheap i dont care i only got 1 HP(its been dynoed 1-2 HP peak) from the helix, the $ i save on gas thru this mod will pay for itself easily.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:50 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Glad to see you finally got a helix, RKV
Old 04-10-2005, 05:18 PM
RKV

thxs man =) did u ever take that header off? i want the o2 sensor extension
Old 04-10-2005, 05:31 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by RKV
thxs man =) did u ever take that header off? i want the o2 sensor extension
Well after my tax lady did my taxes I was only going to get back $2200 which $600 I had to pay to my dad. I was originally expecting back about $4000 because I'm still a student but I made too much money this year to get some of the tax credits

Long story short, I fell way short of my projected $10,000 goal ($6000-6500 for the car and $3500-4000 for tax money) and decided it was going to be hard to find one of the following cars stock with the OEM options I wanted, under 50K miles and a good price:

- 1997-2001 Honda Prelude VTEC
- 1997-2001 Acura Integra GS-R
- 1999-2000 Honda Civic Si

As you can tell I'm still driving the Accord and I guess I plan to until the wheels fall off. The damn thing is still driving strong, even with the slipping transmission (I've gotten used to working the throddle where the slip is minimal) -- it's just stuff around the main parts is starting to break. My subs rattled out a screw that holds in the overhead light/glasses holder and so that shit rattles, part of my drivers side door is falling apart (one of the clips that holds in part of the door has become fvcked. New one from Honda + 30 minutes and a Haynes would fix this), the paint is mad swirled from car wash usage. My hood is misaligned from where my buddy improperly jacked up my car on the radiator support (we mostly fixed this, and unless I told the buyer he'd probably never notice)

I'm really looking strongly at the Acura RSX-S, but it's still way out of my price range. Scion tC with the TRD supercharger is attractive, but I could get a used 02/03 RSX-S for that price.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic now. I'll stop.