Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 brake problems

Old 03-11-2005, 07:02 AM
thea97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 brake problems

I purchased my 2002 honda accord new. Since then, I have had the rotors replaced twice and also resurfaced twice. The brake pads are never worn. The Honda dealership where I purchased the car admits a problem with 2003 barkes but insists that I am the only one having repeated brake problems with a 2002. How about it? Has anyone had such brake problems with a 2002? Also, any advise on a fix would be most welcomed.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:45 AM
JL95AccorD

Well, you are in luck. Two down, one to go. Next time you have to go to the dealer for it you can file under the lemon law.

Well, depends how the lemon law is where you live.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:15 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by thea97
I purchased my 2002 honda accord new. Since then, I have had the rotors replaced twice and also resurfaced twice. The brake pads are never worn. The Honda dealership where I purchased the car admits a problem with 2003 barkes but insists that I am the only one having repeated brake problems with a 2002. How about it? Has anyone had such brake problems with a 2002? Also, any advise on a fix would be most welcomed.

I believe I got great use on my stock rotors and pads.
They lasted me close to 36,000 miles.

During that time I was driving from ny to miami like twice a month.
I finally purchased brembo rotors w/ Axxis pads and I havent even changed the pads yet.

Do you press the brake pedal to hard?
Old 03-13-2005, 08:30 PM
RKV

call honda of america, and COMPLAIN! see if u can get something out of it, maybe new set of rotors and pads for free(tho the problem may reoccur), or perhaps, purchase a set of brembo blank rotors, had a friend with a similar problem, he resurfaced his rotors often, finally, he purchased brembo blanks, and he is problem free for couple yrs. they are better quality from what i see.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:57 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

yea, maybe they replace your brakes with cheap shit.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:21 PM
buffalobill

I have 50,000 miles on my '02 Accord brakes - original pads and rotors, and the brakes have never been touched. The 50k miles has been a 50/50 combo of city & highway driving, and they have never squealed, emit very little brake dust, and still stop fine. No grooves at all in the rotors, either.
----------------
I'd demand a meeting with a Honda zone service rep, have your receipts handy, and remain calm, but be firm. I'd also inquire in advance of that meeting concerning if there are any TSBs for brake related issues - your dealership service writer should be able to help you there.

Remember, most dealership personnel - service writers, techs, sales, and all management levels, work on a commission basis, and the service writer may not want to lose your future repair and service business; also, dealerships live & die by their CSI scores (both the sales and service departments), and great CSI scores reap all kinds of benefits for dealership management and sometimes individual sales & service personnel - like $$, allocations, and other percs. Bottom line - they hate when you don't check off "completely satisfied" in every box ! And always mail it directly to American Honda, and never to the dealership where there is an ample supply of 'white out' and/or trash cans if they didn't get a perfect survey. When I worked for a Honda dealership in NC, I witnessed all kinds of such stuff going on. Also, American Honda doesn't want bad publcity when it comes to quality and reliability issues, since they don't want to have to upgrade their stingy factory warranty from 3/36 to match most of their competition. And, they also want to have as high a CSI and JD Powers score as possible for bragging rights.
Good luck - you deserve a break - 'er brakes.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:58 PM
syclone

Originally Posted by thea97
maybe it's just me, but you only stated what was done to your accord.. you never stated what the problem is? warpage? cracking? what?