Notices

Problem with my Accord Installing new headunit

Old 08-24-2002, 09:43 PM
Slijax127

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my Accord Installing new headunit

Hey guys whats going on!? I have a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe Special Edition... I just recieved an Alpine CDM7874 headunit.. i got the mounting kit and wiring harness...

One problem.....

I got the screw behind the clock off, but i can't take out the 2 screws under the dash!!! It just keeps turning and turning... looks like its stripped on the top or something.. is there any way of getting it out? I tried trying to get the center console off but couldn't find the screws to gte them out properly.. Any help would be great!!

Thanks in advance

Slijax127
Old 08-25-2002, 10:21 AM
Slijax127

Anyone?
Old 08-25-2002, 12:24 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

the screw you are referring to are probably screwed into speed clips up top. If the clips are turning with the screw, you have a problem and you'll need to find a way to keep the clip stationary while you are turning the screw. Other than that, ive never taken apart a 6th gen so i dunno what to tell you. . . good luck man
Old 08-25-2002, 02:04 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

geez, if its that new it sould still be under warranty... see if the dealer will help you out... I know the 2 screws you are talking about... but I cant imagine why they would just spin...

If you want, put some pressure on the screw, move the radio surround around while trying to remove the screws... you may get those speed clips to lock up.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:12 PM
Slijax127

To tell you guys the truth, I think that may be the problem... one of those hex shaped screw holding thingies on the other side...

I will try to get the center console out with my friend from work... I want my Alpine to work ASAP!!!

If anyone else had this problem or what not... please post any information u have...

It would help if someone that had a 2002 Accord Coupe would post something
Old 08-25-2002, 07:57 PM
McIntosh'd UA5
got VIP?

if it is like the earlier 6th gens, then it's a philips screw head. just make sure to get a fat enough or sharp enough screwdriver that fits the screw head, and apply more than enough pressure while turning it. this is pretty much the only way to get it out. or you can try a power tool...you can concentrate on the pressure, and then squeeze the trigger to turn. or you can look for special screwdrivers or tools that were made to remove stripped screws.

the piece of panel directly above the cubby area is held in by clips so you can pop that off without removing anything else. once it is off, there is a small gap between the headunit and those 2 screws. maybe you can apply pressure from behind while you try to turn the screws.