Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure

Old 01-28-2005, 06:20 AM
02AccordBigBoi
The 1 and Only....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure

After years of going without a tire pressure gauge I finally decided to buy one last night. I used it as soon as I got home on my cold tires (car been sitting in the garage since sunday) and to my amazement my tires are shy of about 2-3psi or air.

My question is, when i drive my car to the gas station to put some air in the tires, should I first take the pressure of the tires and then fill them by 2-3 psi more than what the gauge is reading? or should i just fill the tires until they are at 30 psi, which is what Honda recommends, not knowing if the pressure has increased or decreased as I drove.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:03 AM
jschmid

If the gas station is close, they aren't going to heat up a ton, won't change a bunch. Why don't you just measure before you go, measure when you get there and see if there is any difference. :dunno:
Old 01-28-2005, 07:08 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How far is it to the gas station? (Don't bother answering cause its more complicated than that...)

Measure them at home, then drive to the gas station & measure them again. Now you know how much they increase from driving that short distance. That's pretty easy so try it again in summer. The amount of increase might be different when it's warm outside.

Then like you say, add 2-3 psi to whatever you got. Then next morning (cold) check to see whether this method works OK.

You're already better off than most people. You see cars driving around where 1 or 2 tires look like they have to be about 20 psi down.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:45 AM
02AccordBigBoi
The 1 and Only....

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Measure them at home, then drive to the gas station & measure them again. Now you know how much they increase from driving that short distance.
I will do that. See how much they changed, but ultimately I think i should still add about 2-3 psi for them to be at factory standards.