Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint Suggestions?

Old 01-07-2005, 07:35 AM
newbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Suggestions?

I own a SILVER 02 ACCORD...

I'm thinking about buying a spoiler off ebay and paint myself... to reduce the cost...

I've read some forums and it's just like sand it off - do color paint several times - then do clear coat.... and let it dry for long time...right??

but I don't know what kind of paint I'm suppose to use...

For some of you accord owners... if you did and worked out fine... can you suggest me what kind of PAINT, COAT I should use??
like type, brand, color (might be different variation of silver) and coating.

thanks...
Old 01-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Joey623

If you go to an autoshop with you car's colours code, they'll be able to tell you which shade of silver you need plus the colour of primer you need to use. Theres only one type of clear coat you can buy so you don't need to worry about that.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:19 PM
bubbrubb

Well, if you have all the shit to paint it, id say go ahead and paint it. But parts alone to paint the thing is going to be at least 300 plus paint... I got a compressor thats never been used and a hvlp gun that has never been used that you can cop off me if you wanna save a lil money.

Edit: And here are a few professional videos that show you how to paint bodykits, same principle will apply to your spoiler.
http://www.wingswest.com/techInfoVideo.asp
Old 01-08-2005, 03:20 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Silver is one of the hardest colors to paint even for the pros.
It would be in your best interest to just save up and get the OE painted unit, they are very well made and worth every penny.

www.handa-accessories.com always has good prices, else get a great body shop to do the painting for you.