Notices

2000 Accord: Power Problems?

Old 01-04-2005, 07:27 PM
thepda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Accord: Power Problems?

I have a 2000 accord and I have a 350 Alpine Amp along with a 10' JL sub.
Tweeter installed it.

But everytime I turn on the windshield wipers, the sub kinda fades and its not as loud.. Whats going on? Also its starting to like work sometimes and not work on others. Im thinking maybe its the battery, since ive got 90,000 on the car and havent changed the battery yet..

What do you think could be wrong?
Old 01-05-2005, 09:21 AM
magnanpi

maybe alternator?? theyve known to suck in the 6G accord
Old 01-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Accord 4U2 NV

Originally Posted by magnanpi
maybe alternator?? theyve known to suck in the 6G accord
i am on my third alternator. thank god for extended warranty.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:11 AM
kmcaprice14

Is it only the windshield wipers that cause the fade? What about turning on AC (which uses much more power), turning on lights, or powering up the windows once they are already up (do not do for long, but a good test)?

Cause there is no way that one 10 should draw enough power to dominate your alternator like that. You might have a windshield wiper motor about to go, or you may have a problem with your amp wiring. If you are running too high guage (read too thin wire), you will have may to much resistance (ever hit thermal overload?). This will make the alternator work even harder to deliver the needed power to your amplifier. I would run at least 4 guage. It may seem like overkill, but it does wonders. I had over 1000 watts with my stock alternator.... and no problems, no capacitor either. Granted now I'm running more power with a bigger alt, but I do not think your problem is essentially your alt. It may be, but that seems unlikely.

if all else fails.... maybe try the magic 3?