Notices

1990 Honda Accord Door Replacement

Old 01-02-2005, 10:54 AM
ramboatpsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Honda Accord Door Replacement difficulties!!

I recently acquired a 1990 Honda Accord EX with dented doors. I've replaced the doors with the doors of a 1991 Honda Accord EX but instead of disconnecting the wires (because I could not find where it disconnected) I cut them and rejoined them again using the colors of the wires as a guide to what to reconnect to what, when I installed the new doors. My problem is, the the door sensor does not sense that the either door is closed so it constantly beeps and the seatbelts do not move back. The door locks do not respond. however the power windows and the side view mirrors on both windows are responding. The door lights at the bottom of the interior do not come on. I've checked the fuses and they all appear to be working. Is there anyone who can help me figure out what the problem could be?
Old 01-02-2005, 10:59 AM
tjr5150

if u still have the old doors take off the door panel and the wire disconect from there then just retrace your steps and check to make sure wires all match
Old 01-02-2005, 02:43 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

The door has nothing to do with why your car would sense the doors being open or shut or your seatbelts going back and forth. If you look in your door jam just below the catch for the door (its the silver u shaped piece) there is a black slide. That is what tells the car wither or not your door is open or closed, or for your seatbelts to work. Ill try and post some pics later.