Notices

what kind of intake for a h22 accord

Old 12-29-2004, 04:23 PM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of intake for a h22 accord

I'm going to get a New intake for my accord. What do you get for a 95 accord with h22a? Do you get a accord intake or do you get a prelude intake?

Stupid Question but I just want to clarify it really. Going to go mugen maybe but wondering if its any diff.

Thanks,
Wes
Old 12-29-2004, 05:35 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

I have a 90 4dr lx w/h22a swap. Its kinda weird though. I used the AEM prelude cold air intake. But i had to cut a BIG ASS hole with a dewalt sawzaw right beside where my battery goes so that it would fit down there. The accord F22A throttle body is ALOT smaller than the H22A. I also had to use a greddy header top peice for a prelude and an accord heddmen chikara bottom. The prelude bottom wont bolt into the 90 accord cat and the accord top wont bolt onto the prelude head.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:42 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally Posted by wesside
I'm going to get a New intake for my accord. What do you get for a 95 accord with h22a? Do you get a accord intake or do you get a prelude intake?

Stupid Question but I just want to clarify it really. Going to go mugen maybe but wondering if its any diff.

Thanks,
Wes

do you want CAI or a short ram? most people want CAI and go with a 97+ prelude aem cai since it uses a 3.0 pipe. the accord one for your car uses 2.5. basically you want an intake that uses 3.0 pipe.

Originally Posted by h22accord
I also had to use a greddy header top peice for a prelude and an accord heddmen chikara bottom. The prelude bottom wont bolt into the 90 accord cat and the accord top wont bolt onto the prelude head.
why did you reuse the accord cat?? should have just got a carsound hi-flow cat and you could have just welded the correct flange to mate to the greddy header.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:20 AM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

Originally Posted by AccordSleeper do you want CAI or a short ram? most people want CAI and go with a 97+ prelude aem cai since it uses a 3.0 pipe. the accord one for your car uses 2.5. basically you want an intake that uses 3.0 pipe.
I do not want a cai just one that goes behind the battery, I just had a hell of a time getting a hotshot one on my wifes g20 Pimpin Shit! I had to do some cutting and some other modifacations so I don't really want to do a deja vu at this moment.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:26 AM
uclaccord

well, as far as i know, only 4th gens have to cut to install a cai. as for short ram, shouldn't have any probs. but i would recommend cai over short ram. short ram only helps up in the higher ranges.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:39 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally Posted by uclaccord
well, as far as i know, only 4th gens have to cut to install a cai. as for short ram, shouldn't have any probs. but i would recommend cai over short ram. short ram only helps up in the higher ranges.
yeah the 97+ lude cai fits perfect in a 5th gen accord. the rubber mount doesn't line up so you don't use it, but i lined the opening with some rubber hoses leftover from my stock intake setup and it fits very snuggly.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:10 AM
raykan

get the aem V2, works awesome, as good as cold air intake