Notices

96 Accord LX Won't Start

Old 12-15-2004, 04:18 PM
dbcmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Accord LX Won't Start

Hello,

So, I just got back from the Navy. My parents bought me a 96 Accord so I can have some transportation. It runs fine and has always started up ... except for now.

I was changing the stereo out to a Pioneer unit. When I was doing this, I noticed an engine kill switch in the center console. When I put everything in, the engine turns over, it just won't fire up. Any thoughts of something I might of done to do this??

I have tried hooking up the old stereo. I have also tried the kill switch all the ways possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:40 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had 2 kill switch before and the one that is build in the multilock went bad so i just disconnect the cable and stop using that kill switch and ever since the car starts fine and i did get stuck a few times n bad weather all because the kill switch wasnt working righ. take it off disconnected and see if it start. i believe is the red cable that start the car so make sure you take off the kill switch cable that is between the red cable.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:27 AM
dbcmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it!

It was just the fuel pump fuse. I just got the car so I had no idea where the fuses where. Just had to sleep on it I guess.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:39 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol cool. thats actually one of the best if not the best cutoff switch. i take off the fuse pump when i park outside, u either towed or leave it but cant turn on .