Notices

getting rid of "95 LX speed limiter???

Old 12-14-2004, 03:00 PM
gurpreet94560
'95 accord LX 4dr 5sp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting rid of "95 LX speed limiter???

ok..........i originally posted a question asking if it was possible to swap an EX ecu into my '95 LX 5sp in order to get rid of the 119 mph speed limit (the LX and DX are limited to 119, the EX is not) anyway.........i got some intelligent responses, but no real answers........so I guess what i'm asking is: [B]How the hell can i get rid of the 119mph speed limit on my '95 Lx 4dr 5sp???.......some ideas that i brainstormed were: -of course, the ecu swap -some type of wire/ sensor with speed info coming from the tranny to the ecu - perhaps cutting the wire carrying the speed info from the speedometer to the ecu (i don't know what else the ecu does with the speed info.....so i'm not sure what other problems could occur by the ecu lacking the cars speed info..?)

all my fellow honda enthusiasts....put your knowlege to work for me

gimme some ideas guys.................thanks

gimme some ideas.....................
Old 12-14-2004, 11:03 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmmm either i am 100% wrong or 100% right. no matter what ex lx dx in that yr has the engine is lock at a specific speed and the way to get pass is to send ur ecu to a place to get it done. i am not going to search righ now but try a search engine and u might find some store for u. i have a 96 accord ex so i dont know if my car ever had that problem once.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:46 AM
bonestock

ex ecu wont be happy on your lx. im sure it will throw a CEL or two since your f22b2 is non vtec

how often and why do you need to go 120mph or higher?
Old 12-15-2004, 04:07 AM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Originally Posted by bonestock
ex ecu wont be happy on your lx. im sure it will throw a CEL or two since your f22b2 is non vtec

how often and why do you need to go 120mph or higher?
I understand why. Its not that you always want to go that fast. you just want to be able to just in case you have to. Because of my previous post and what i said i believe that changing your ecu would be a waste of time and money but since no one believes me ill try to at least save you some money doing it.

Go to a U Pull IT junk yard. call first and find out how much they are. if they are too expincive, go there and tell them you need like a stearing wheel or the or a dash somthing that would require more than a few tools. find a 90-93 ex 5speed and get the ecu out of it(preferably the 93 but all will work)Take a big box of tools(somthing you could hide the ecu in) once you put it in there, go get like an inteior trim peice (those are usualy inexpensive). Tell them you didnt find what you needed but you did find that. Have fun intalling your new ecu.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:47 AM
BONE

? is your car completely stock the reason why I ask is because my Integra GS-R was limited to 130 mph stock it would not go any faster then I started to add the basic I/H/E and that helped, I had the car at 140 mph and the rpm was at 7000. But believe me I dont do this any more and it was 6:00 in the morning and no cars were on the road except for the Mustang I was racing at the time.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:13 AM
iceis94

if you have an ohm meter pull off your vehicle speed sensor (at the tranny) and the middle plug of the ecu. find the orange wire on both of them (there are 2 or 3 on the ecu so make sure!) once you find the right wire on the ecu plug, pull the connector out wihtout damaging it and hook the sensor and ecu back up. the only problems are that the check engine light will come on (but you already know why) and after about a week or two the ecu fuse under the hood will blow because the ecu is confused. other than that, i hit 142mph by pulling this wire.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:35 AM
gurpreet94560
'95 accord LX 4dr 5sp

thanks for all the knowlege guys......and i now agree, swapping my non VTEC ecu with a VTEC ecu is not really something i wanna try...... and my car is very capable of doing well over 119.....my friend's '92 automatic EX coupe (non VTEC) topped out around 128 on highway 95 in arizona (on a very fun trip to Las Vegas) and it was bone stock, loaded with travel gear, and 3 people. also. i called junkyards and they all want $100 for an ecu (already pulled).........thanks for the "pulling the wire" tip for the ecu/ tranny
Old 12-16-2004, 07:37 AM
gurpreet94560
'95 accord LX 4dr 5sp

my car is not stock, i have headers and an intake on it.........just simple stuff
Old 12-16-2004, 07:40 AM
gurpreet94560
'95 accord LX 4dr 5sp

Originally Posted by iceis94
if you have an ohm meter pull off your vehicle speed sensor (at the tranny) and the middle plug of the ecu. find the orange wire on both of them (there are 2 or 3 on the ecu so make sure!) once you find the right wire on the ecu plug, pull the connector out wihtout damaging it and hook the sensor and ecu back up. the only problems are that the check engine light will come on (but you already know why) and after about a week or two the ecu fuse under the hood will blow because the ecu is confused. other than that, i hit 142mph by pulling this wire.
- thanks alot for that tip........just one very important question......when i decide to get the car smogged, can i simply reverse this process, and will the "check engine" light just go away?....or will this trigger other electrical/ computer problems?......i'm asking because in CA, a car cannot pass smog if the "check engine" light is on
Old 12-16-2004, 10:48 AM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

Have fun waiting for you car to get going over 119mph LoL I got rid of my lx problem by replacing the f22b with a h22a And seriously if your going to go that fast maybe think twice about what tires you have on your car first! one other thing is your whole suspension setup. But plz look at what your tires are rated dude. I have Z rated they can do the 130+ but be safe and see what you have plz before even worrying about going over 119!