Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights come on fine, parking lights don't stay on... help?

Old 11-30-2004, 04:31 PM
ttrinh77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights come on fine, parking lights don't stay on... help?

Hey guys, I have a 99 Honda Accord...

Recently I've encountered this problem. When I turn on my lights at night, my headlights and parking lights come on fine in the front, but the parking lights do not stay on in the back. When I brake and signal though, the lights DO come on. I keep getting flashed at night by drivers telling me that they can't see me because my parking lights don't stay on.

I've tried checking all of the possible fuses, but I've been told that it's not a fuse and seems more likely to be a relay.

I went to the local Honda dealership, but they want to charge me $85 just for a diagnostic... that's way too steep for an electrical problem. Anyone ever encounter this or know what I can do here? It's pretty dangerous for me to drive around at night like this and I'm hoping I can fix it ASAP.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2004, 06:55 PM
accordvtec77

If you think an hours worth of labor is steep, then go buy a manual with an electrical wiring diagram on it. Electrical problems can take hours, if not DAYS to figure out. Though my first guess would be the headlight switch itself, I'm not entirely sure (assuming ALL fuses are okay)
Old 01-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Rice_Kit

did u change ur tail lights??
Old 01-31-2005, 06:08 PM
FLip wit da Flo

i hate the dealership... they were chargin me $80 for a diagnostic as well and from there on they would charge. I said hell no. so i went to a mechanic shop, and all he did to fix my problem was change all the bulbs for just $30
Old 01-31-2005, 08:11 PM
accordsir86

Default yup

i agree 2 accordvtec77. i had a similar problem where my heads turned on but my parks and tail wouldnt. i just bought another switch from eday for $6 and replaced it and everything worked fine. but also make sure ur bulbs are koo and the fuses are good.
good luk.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:28 AM
JL95AccorD

I go with rice kit. Maybe you just need to change your bulbs.