Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'04 TL Rear antisway bar on Gen7 Coupe!

Old 02-12-2005, 12:08 PM
TDotCord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 04 TL 6speed sway bar is supposed to fit the 6th gen. Here's a post from V6 Performance, there's a guy who did it.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...r+sway+6th+gen

I order a set for myself. But it's still sitting in my parents garage waiting to be installed. The endlink nuts are rusted on pretty well so looks like I"ll have to cut them.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:47 AM
spyderbret
7G AV6 Fan!!!

Originally Posted by jobata23
wow $60 for 04 tl rear sway, i got mine for $45 w/ tax and shipped
Where did you get that price? I would like to do this on my 03 V6 Coupe. Is it an easy DIY?
Old 02-13-2005, 11:30 AM
jobata23
Got Vtec?

Originally Posted by spyderbret
Where did you get that price? I would like to do this on my 03 V6 Coupe. Is it an easy DIY?
i got it from here
TL Rear Sway
Old 02-13-2005, 11:36 AM
spyderbret
7G AV6 Fan!!!

Thanks!!! How was the install? Did you jack the car up? One side at a time or did you put it on stands? Did you just crawl underneath and put it on without lifting the car?
Thanks for the info. I am going to order this today so I would like to know what I am doing before it gets here.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:54 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

bringing back an old thread b/c im about to order a TL sway bar for my 7th gen coupe. no one responded to the post above and my question deals w/ installation.

for those whove done this before, was professional help required? or is it something that i can do myself? if so, could any of you guys be kind enough to post up some step-by-step procedures or lead me somewhere helpful? thanks a lot.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:18 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

It's very easy. You just need standard hand tools. You don't even need to jack the car up.
Removing:
Unbolt the sway bar ends from the end links, then unbolt the 2 main brackets.

Installing:
Pretty much the reverse of removal. Don't forget to buy the matching bushings and brackets for where it mounts to the body.

You may want to check with your dealer and see if you can get the new redesigned end links for Accords. I don't know but have heard they're supposed to be better. It would be a good time to change them when you do the sway bar. I may do the links sometime soon.